    David Morse Guest

    Can SQL Express be installed on Windows XP 64 bit? It says only server 2003
    64 bit is supported.

    David Morse, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Nope, they listed every 32-bit and 64-bit Edition of Windows it runs on. Its
    quite strange though, since x86 XP is supported and XP Professional x64 is
    based on the same code base as Server 2003 x64.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Hi,

    I am not sure where are finding the supported operating systems for sql
    express but it shows windows x64 editions. I have an instance of it running
    on my machine. The 64 bit version of SQL Server 2005 developer edition will
    not run on xp x64 pro only the 32bit version will.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/

    Ken

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Jan 18, 2006
  4. http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/express/sysreqs.mspx