    lever down very gently, but finally I pushed it a little and it went down.
    Was I wrong in doing this ? Thanks for your time.
    Steve

    steve h., Aug 28, 2004

  2. steve h.

    steve h. Guest

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:45:10 GMT, steve h. <>
    wrote:

    > I need some learned advice here. I've been troubleshooting my install
    > problem with my AMD 2800 chip and my Socket 754 FIC K8-800T motherboard.
    > I think I've narrowed it down to a possible faulty installation of my
    > chip and its heatsink which came with it. The chip went into the
    > motherboard mounting bracket with NO force whatsoever, but pulling the
    > CPU lever down was a bit hard. I tried several times to reseat the chip
    > and pull the lever down very gently, but finally I pushed it a little
    > and it went down. Was I wrong in doing this ? Thanks for your time.
    > Steve

    never mind, cpu pins are bent.

    steve h., Aug 28, 2004

  3. steve h.

    Steven Guest

    yeah if you ever find a way to fix snapped ones gimme a shout cos i got one
    thats got 2 snapped pins , if yours ent too bent you can put them back into
    pos but they are very brittle be carefull

    Steven, Aug 29, 2004
  4. steve h.

    steve h. Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:27:44 +0100, Steven <> wrote:

    > yeah if you ever find a way to fix snapped ones gimme a shout cos i got
    > one
    > thats got 2 snapped pins , if yours ent too bent you can put them back
    > into
    > pos but they are very brittle be carefull.

    My friend tried to fix it, but one pin was snapped off but he was able to
    straighten the rest.
    steve h., Aug 29, 2004
  5. steve h.

    Steven Guest

    your pritty much screwed then as am i , they are impossible to rejoin....

    Steve

    Steven, Aug 30, 2004