    WindowsXP 64x also does not show Linux computer on the network. I have tried
    to disable firewalls and DCOM but it is still the same. I just do not
    understand what is going on. Can anybody help with some explanation ?

    BSvK, Mar 23, 2007

  2. BSvK

    S.SubZero Guest

    It should work as long as Client for Microsoft Networks is installed
    and working. There is nothing special to XP64 networking, it works
    identical to XP 32-bit or Win2K3. Are you getting an error of some
    kind?

    S.SubZero, Mar 23, 2007

  3. BSvK

    Kue2 Guest

    Try this
    If u have SSID disabled, enabled it.You can disable again after computers
    are visible.

    Kue2, Mar 23, 2007
  4. BSvK

    BSvK Guest

    Re: 64/32 network solved

    "BSvK" <> wrote in message
    > Has anybody tried to set up a network between computer running WindowsXP
    > x64 and a computer running WindowsXP Home edition ? In my case Internet
    > sharing works fine but I cannot get file and printer sharing to work. Ping
    > between these to computers works OK (address or name) but none sees the
    > other on the network. Strangely enough file and printer sharing between
    > computer with WindowsXP x64 and a 32 bit computer running Linux Ubuntu
    > works OK although WindowsXP 64x also does not show Linux computer on the
    > network. I have tried to disable firewalls and DCOM but it is still the
    > same. I just do not understand what is going on. Can anybody help with
    > some explanation ?

    I have finally managed to make it work. It required activation of LMhosts. I
    believed that this was already obsolete and not needed for WindowsXP.

    BSvK, Mar 24, 2007
  5. BSvK

    S.SubZero Guest

    Re: 64/32 network solved

    On Mar 24, 1:17 pm, "BSvK" <> wrote:
    > "BSvK" <> wrote in message
    >
    > I have finally managed to make it work. It required activation of LMhosts. I
    > believed that this was already obsolete and not needed for WindowsXP.

    It certainly is NOT needed under any circumstance I have ever
    encountered. Perhaps your network setup is such that requires it?

    S.SubZero, Mar 25, 2007