    most of us will be supportung users or will be in junior positions in IT and
    most of these studies are focused at administrator level and really
    accomodating everyone.

    Misheck, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Misheck

    Guest

    First, let me qualify my answer:

    I haven't taken the 70-621 exam yet. However, as a MCDST with Windows
    XP and having recently learned that the 70-621 counts for 70-620 where
    ever the 70-620 is needed (including MCITP: Server Administrator),
    I've been looking at this exam and reviewing my notes from the
    original MCDST exams...

    In short, I'd say look at the objectives. You can find them here:

    Using images (sysprep, imaging, wim) is a small part of the test (I'd
    guess less than 14%) so I'd expect some questions related to
    automating the installationof Windows Vista.

    Much more, I'd expect questions on the core applications (IE, Mail,
    Calendar, Fax, Sidebar, and on and on).

    Security is always a big deal today. The objectives list several
    items related to security: UAC, Defender, IE, Bitlocker, Firewall.
    I'd expect questions on each of these topics.

    Almost every computer in the corporate world is connected to a network
    and a full set of objectives are listed for configuring and
    troubleshooting networking.

    All that said, it may be you have a solid understanding of the rest of
    the topics so are breezing by the practice test questions. In that
    case you only need to brush up on automated installations. That's
    good news. You know what you need to study. However, the value of
    looking at the objectives can't be overstated. In this exam they are
    pretty specific about what you can expect to see on the exam.

    Hope this helps.

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    http://Mcitpsuccess.com
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    On Jan 20, 12:23 pm, "Misheck" <> wrote:
    > I am trying to prepare for this exam and I am using the microsoft Press
    > study books, I have been trying out th exams on the CD but it seems like the
    > majority of the questions are focused on sysprep, imaging, wim, Msiexe, mig
    > settings etc ( or probably those are the ones I get wrong so they stand
    > out). Is this what the 621 exam is going to based upon due to the fact that
    > most of us will be supportung users or will be in junior positions in IT and
    > most of these studies are focused at administrator level and really
    > accomodating everyone.

    , Jan 23, 2008

  3. Misheck

    Misheck Guest

    OK Thanks, I have been using Vista for almost 2 months now so I will try
    squeeze in a 2nd for Friday and Tuesday because those are my only free days
    and will not be able to take the second shot after January 31.

    I will let you know on how I get on.

    Misheck

    Misheck, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Misheck

    Guest

    Good news on the second shot offer. It looks like it's been extended
    through June 30, 2008.

    "Register for the Microsoft Second Shot offer and take your first exam
    no later than May 31, 2008. If you do not pass on your first try,
    receive a free Second Shot at passing the exam through June 30, 2008."

    On the FAQ page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/faq/default.mspx
    it says:
    Q. How many free exams can I receive?
    A. Second Shot provides you with one free retake of the same exam for
    each paid exam that you do not pass on the first try. To take
    advantage of this offer, you must register and pay for the exam by
    using a Second Shot exam voucher. To take advantage of this Second
    Shot offer, you must register, pay for, and take your exam by May 31,
    2008. (The Second Shot offer is valid through June 30, 2008.)

    On Jan 23, 3:29 pm, "Misheck" <> wrote:
    > OK Thanks, I have been using Vista for almost 2 months now so I will try
    > squeeze in a 2nd for Friday and Tuesday because those are my only free days
    > and will not be able to take the second shot after January 31.
    >
    > I will let you know on how I get on.
    >
    > Misheck<> wrote in message

    > > First, let me qualify my answer:

    > > I haven't taken the 70-621 exam yet.  However, as a MCDST with Windows
    > > XP and having recently learned that the 70-621 counts for 70-620 where
    > > ever the 70-620 is needed (including MCITP: Server Administrator),
    > > I've been looking at this exam and reviewing my notes from the
    > > original MCDST exams...

    > > In short, I'd say look at the objectives.  You can find them here:
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-621.mspx

    > > Using images (sysprep, imaging, wim) is a small part of the test (I'd
    > > guess less than 14%) so I'd expect some questions related to
    > > automating the installationof Windows Vista.

    > > Much more, I'd expect questions on the core applications (IE, Mail,
    > > Calendar, Fax, Sidebar, and on and on).

    > > Security is always a big deal today.  The objectives list several
    > > items related to security:  UAC, Defender, IE, Bitlocker, Firewall.
    > > I'd expect questions on each of these topics.

    > > Almost every computer in the corporate world is connected to a network
    > > and a full set of objectives are listed for configuring and
    > > troubleshooting networking.

    > > All that said, it may be you have a solid understanding of the rest of
    > > the topics so are breezing by the practice test questions.  In that
    > > case you only need to brush up on automated installations.  That's
    > > good news.  You know what you need to study.  However, the value of
    > > looking at the objectives can't be overstated.  In this exam they are
    > > pretty specific about what you can expect to see on the exam.

    > > Hope this helps.

    > > Darril Gibson
    > > MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    > >http://Mcitpsuccess.com
    > >http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
    > > Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    > > Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    > > On Jan 20, 12:23 pm, "Misheck" <> wrote:
    > >> I am trying to prepare for this exam and I am using the microsoft Press
    > >> study books, I have been trying out th exams on the CD but it seems like
    > >> the
    > >> majority of the questions are focused on sysprep, imaging, wim, Msiexe,
    > >> mig
    > >> settings etc ( or probably those are the ones I get wrong so they stand
    > >> out). Is this what the 621 exam is going to based upon due to the fact
    > >> that
    > >> most of us will be supportung users or will be in junior positions in IT
    > >> and
    > >> most of these studies are focused at administrator level and really
    > >> accomodating everyone.- Hide quoted text -

    , Jan 24, 2008
  5. Misheck

    Misheck Guest

    Thanks for letting me know. I have been studying for 2 months and I just
    wanted to sit for this exam but I knew I was not ready and at least by
    Tuesday I can revise a bit so I thanks for the second chance offer
    information .

    Misheck

    Misheck, Jan 24, 2008