    of Jewish descent?

    Thanks
    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Harvey Gratt

    philo Guest

    "Harvey Gratt" <> wrote in message
    news:Uo4if.1984$AB2.1164@trnddc08...
    > For those of you who remember the Shangri-las --- were the Weiss sisters
    > of Jewish descent?

    I had all but forgotten about them until i saw a picture of them
    in the NY Times yesterday or the day before.
    philo, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Harvey Gratt

    John Smith Guest

    What does such a stupid question have to do with computer help?

    John Smith, Nov 26, 2005
  4. Harvey Gratt

    ng_reader Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > What does such a stupid question have to do with computer help?
    >

    > "Harvey Gratt" <> wrote in message
    >> For those of you who remember the Shangri-las --- were the Weiss sisters
    >> of Jewish descent?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Harvey

    Who died and left you god? Certainly, not the chosen people.

    It wasn't loading, but www.allmusic.com is an excellent recorded musical
    reference website.

    LTY
    ng_reader, Nov 26, 2005
  5. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    ng_reader wrote:
    > "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>What does such a stupid question have to do with computer help?
    >>

    >>"Harvey Gratt" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>For those of you who remember the Shangri-las --- were the Weiss sisters
    >>>of Jewish descent?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Harvey

    > Who died and left you god? Certainly, not the chosen people.
    >
    > It wasn't loading, but www.allmusic.com is an excellent recorded musical
    > reference website.
    >
    > LTY

    I've looked at numerous sites resulting in mixed answers. I will try the
    site you mentioned when it comes up.

    Thanks,
    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Nov 26, 2005
  6. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Harvey Gratt wrote:

    > ng_reader wrote:
    >
    >> "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What does such a stupid question have to do with computer help?
    >>>

    >>> "Harvey Gratt" <> wrote in message

    >> Who died and left you god? Certainly, not the chosen people.
    >>
    >> It wasn't loading, but www.allmusic.com is an excellent recorded
    >> musical reference website.
    >>
    >> LTY
    >>

    > I've looked at numerous sites resulting in mixed answers. I will try the
    > site you mentioned when it comes up.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Harvey

    O.K., got in to the site, but nothing there to answer the question.

    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Nov 26, 2005
  7. John Smith, <>, the stygian, steadfast camel, and
    improver of old hags, irrupted:

    > What does such a stupid question have to do with computer help?

    What part of this groups title, you aoling top-posting fucking retarded
    inbred, suggests anything at all to do with "computer help"?
    Howard Beard-Cochran, Nov 27, 2005
  8. Harvey Gratt

    ng_reader Guest

    > Harvey Gratt wrote:
    >
    >> ng_reader wrote:
    >>
    >>> "John Smith" <> wrote in message

    >>> Who died and left you god? Certainly, not the chosen people.
    >>>
    >>> It wasn't loading, but www.allmusic.com is an excellent recorded musical
    >>> reference website.
    >>>
    >>> LTY
    >>>

    >> I've looked at numerous sites resulting in mixed answers. I will try the
    >> site you mentioned when it comes up.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Harvey

    > O.K., got in to the site, but nothing there to answer the question.
    >
    > Harvey

    Hmmmm. "Mary" Weiss. I am going to say *negative*.

    Just a hunch.

    However, I can spend way too much time at that website.
    ng_reader, Nov 27, 2005
  9. Harvey Gratt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    ng_reader spewed forth:
    > "Harvey Gratt" <> wrote in message
    >> Harvey Gratt wrote:

    >>> I've looked at numerous sites resulting in mixed answers. I will
    >>> try the site you mentioned when it comes up.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Harvey

    >> O.K., got in to the site, but nothing there to answer the question.
    >>
    >> Harvey

    > Hmmmm. "Mary" Weiss. I am going to say *negative*.

    "Mary" is a very traditional Jewish name. Who was the mother of Jesus?

    "Weiss" on the other hand is more typically German, although that would mean
    nothing. My Jewish aunt's last name is Baker.

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2005
  10. Harvey Gratt

    philo Guest

    philo, Nov 27, 2005
  11. Harvey Gratt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    > Harvey Gratt wrote:
    >> For those of you who remember the Shangri-las --- were the Weiss
    >> sisters of Jewish descent?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Harvey

    > look here under "band musicians"
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_musicians#Band_musicians
    >

    > it looks like a yes!

    Very good! But manybe they shouldn't have listed Marge and Mary Ann - they
    went to a Catholic school. I doubt very much they were Jewish <g>

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:,
    > philo spewed forth:
    >> Harvey Gratt wrote:
    >>> For those of you who remember the Shangri-las --- were the
    >>> Weiss sisters of Jewish descent?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Harvey

    >> look here under "band musicians"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_musicians#B
    >> and_musicians
    >>

    >> it looks like a yes!

    > Very good! But manybe they shouldn't have listed Marge and Mary
    > Ann - they went to a Catholic school. I doubt very much they
    > were Jewish <g>

    Perhaps they were working an undercover recon assignment. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 27, 2005
  13. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    philo wrote:

    > Harvey Gratt wrote:
    >
    >> For those of you who remember the Shangri-las --- were the Weiss
    >> sisters of Jewish descent?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Harvey

    > look here under "band musicians"
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_musicians#Band_musicians
    >

    > it looks like a yes!

    This is one of the first sites I looked at. But as Toolman Tim pointed
    out the other set of sisters were also listed even though they appeared
    to be Catholic. I don't trust this site and was wondering if there was a
    more definitive source.

    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Nov 27, 2005
  14. Harvey Gratt

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > This is one of the first sites I looked at. But as Toolman Tim pointed out
    > the other set of sisters were also listed even though they appeared to be
    > Catholic. I don't trust this site and was wondering if there was a more
    > definitive source.

    I don't know...maybe ask their Rabbi :)
    philo, Nov 27, 2005
  15. Harvey Gratt

    wandrinstar Guest

    wandrinstar, Nov 27, 2005
  16. Harvey Gratt

    philo Guest

    "wandrinstar" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > This Google search page suggests they were Jewish.
    > Read the second entry on Google page. :clap:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/76zfn

    it looks like a very bad orginization however
    philo, Nov 27, 2005
  17. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    wandrinstar wrote:
    > This Google search page suggests they were Jewish.
    > Read the second entry on Google page. :clap:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/76zfn

    This is from the same source (wikipedia) that I ve seen before - I don't
    trust it. I'd still like to see another independent source.
    Harvey Gratt, Nov 27, 2005