    I'm asking that because I have 4-5 of those routers and try to study CCNA.

    Thanks

    Alex.
    AM, Jun 21, 2006

  2. AM

    Guest

    AM wrote:
    > May any of you tell me which the part number of a 60 poles to 60 oles Cisco cable to connect 2 1601 through the serial
    > interface and make the possibility to try some experiments between the routers?
    >
    > I'm asking that because I have 4-5 of those routers and try to study CCNA.

    Let's try google.
    [cisco serial crossover]

    Top line of top hit says:-
    CAB-HD60MMX-1 LFH 60 Male ( DB60 Male ) To LFH 60 Male ( DB60 Male )
    Cisco Router DCE To Cisco Router DTE LFH 60 Male ( DB60 Male) / Male
    Crossover 1 FT. $43.0

    Note that you need to set the clock rate on the DCE end.

    I am sure that you will get it cheaper elsewhere.
    OK - I'll look.

    http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=105&cp_id=10206&style=
    Product ID: 242
    DCE/DTE DB60 Crossover Cable - 1FT
    $5.89
    Wow - that seems cheap.
    I am sure that you won't find it much cheaper anywhere:))

    I know NOTHING of these companies, choose one for
    yourself. I am only helping you to find the correct cable.
    , Jun 21, 2006