6 Steps To Your Own Website

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by xikom03@yahoo.com.tw, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. Guest

    A lot of people these days are interested in getting their own place
    on the world wide web. Whether it′s a personal site like a blog, or a
    business site, they all need to have a decent plan before they get
    started.

    A few years ago I started designing and creating websites myself. I
    started just to show off to others, but I noticed it wasn’t as easy I
    thought it was. I mean, it is easy to get a site online; you just buy
    a template, pay a coder, and pay some one to insert content and
    advertise for you then you’re done. But if you want to do things
    yourself, that’s where it gets tricky.

    After a few sites, I managed to find a certain pattern in the process
    of creating and managing my websites.

    1. I always start with an idea for subject and content. Believe me -
    never create a website about something you hate and know nothing
    about. Instead create a website about something you know a lot about
    and like to tell other people about. What also works is writing about
    a subject you would like to know more on, after doing your own
    research. Newbies can explain information to other newbies easier then
    pro′s explaining information to newbies.

    2. Then I think of a design to go with it, to reflect its idea. Like
    if your subject is Boats, then don’t go with a flaming red design.
    Sure it could do it, but I would prefer for

    http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Internet/20060929/31896.html
    , Jan 2, 2008