6 Sony Cameras fail manufacturing test..!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Davy, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Davy

    Davy Guest

    Davy, Mar 24, 2006

  2. Davy

    imbsysop Guest

    imbsysop, Mar 24, 2006

  3. Davy

    mrsgator88 Guest

    China is doing a good job protecting its citizens first from the internet
    and now... from bad cameras! But I guess that's the only "news" fit to
    print - since reporters can't write about what's really going on there.

    mrsgator88, Mar 25, 2006
  4. Davy

    Alan Guest

    In message <FY3Vf.63115$>,
    mrsgator88 <> wrote

    >China is doing a good job protecting its citizens first from the internet
    >and now... from bad cameras!

    Probably they are just restricting imports by a back-door method.

    --
    Alan
    news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

    Alan, Mar 25, 2006
  5. Davy

    imbsysop Guest

    "Alan" <2s.com> wrote in message
    > In message <FY3Vf.63115$>, mrsgator88
    > <> wrote
    >
    >>China is doing a good job protecting its citizens first from the internet
    >>and now... from bad cameras!

    > Probably they are just restricting imports by a back-door method.

    Funny everyone comments on the headline(s) but no one ever seem to have
    actually read the articles ..
    It happened in 1 "province" and the cams were assembled in China by a
    chinese Sony subsidiary (2 companies one under the name "Sony" and one
    other) and for the Chinese market only .. so have one single guess who
    goofed up ? :) and what does it have to do with the rest of the world ? The
    explanation was they did flash in the firmware for a Sony videocam .. haha
    ... pull the other one, it has bells on it ..
    FWIW

    imbsysop, Mar 25, 2006
  6. Davy

    Roy G Guest

    "Davy" <> wrote in message
    > Cameras fail manufacturing test-:
    >
    > DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S90
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05122003sony_chinacam.asp
    > http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=8449&slug=SONY
    >
    > There were 13 from other manufacturers...!
    >
    > Davy

    Hi.

    Can we assume that these Cameras were not assembled in China?

    Is China about to launch a Chinese designed and assembled Camera from a
    Chinese owned Factory?

    There is an old saying in Scotland, that whenever the Japanese or Chinese
    ( or dare I say it) American Government starts to put restrictions on how
    Scotch Whisky is imported, we can be sure they must have discovered how to
    produce a Whisky which tastes as good.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Mar 25, 2006
  7. Davy

    mrsgator88 Guest

    "Alan" <2s.com> wrote in message

    > Probably they are just restricting imports by a back-door method.

    I'm thinking that very few consumer products are imported into China though.
    Or do you mean imports from another province?

    mrsgator88, Mar 25, 2006
  8. Davy

    Bob Guest

    Bob, Mar 25, 2006
  9. Davy

    bobo Guest

    bobo, Mar 26, 2006
  10. Davy

    Mike Guest

    <bobo> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > "Davy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Cameras fail manufacturing test-:
    >>>
    >>> DSC-H1, DSC-L1, DSC-P200, DSC-W7, DSC-W5 and DSC-S90
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05122003sony_chinacam.asp
    >>> http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=8449&slug=SONY
    >>>
    >>> There were 13 from other manufacturers...!
    >>>
    >>> Davy
    >>>

    > Those two links are great examples of worthless reporting.
    > Don't tell you jack shit about what the deal was.

    Not my opinion.
    I am glad to learn this.
    And lots of details, which is good reporting.

    Seems unions are beginning to work hard in China plants?

    mb

    Mike, Mar 26, 2006
  11. Davy

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:58:51 -0500, "Mike" <> wrote:

    ><bobo> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >> "Davy" <> wrote in message

    >> Those two links are great examples of worthless reporting.
    >> Don't tell you jack shit about what the deal was.
    >>

    >Not my opinion.
    >I am glad to learn this.
    >And lots of details, which is good reporting.
    >
    >Seems unions are beginning to work hard in China plants?
    >
    >mb

    I saw details, but there were a LOT of *missing* details.
    What was the problem with the cameras? There's mention of some vague,
    failed "quality standards", but no indication whatsoever of what the
    problems actually were.
    "The inspection was based on recommended industrial standards for
    digital cameras issued in 2002." What standards, issued by who?
    Some 'provincial government' made an inspection based on an
    unidentified standards, of a very few camera models (selected how?),
    failed some of them (why?), with no indication of any corrective
    measures, except to say sales were halted.
    Given China's current 'tensions' with Japan, and the fact that most of
    the models were produced by Japanese companies, is this a technical or
    political thing?
    A lot of answers missing, really.

    --
    Bill Funk