    What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?

    Thanks,
    Irfan Ballard
    Irfan Ballard, Jun 29, 2009

  2. Irfan Ballard

    Guest

    Irfan Ballard <> wrote:

    >6 cell netbook question ...
    >
    >I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    >ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >
    >But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    >a 6 cell.
    >
    >I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    >any.
    >
    >So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >
    >Can anyone pls help me ?
    >
    >What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?

    Fast search says to look at the MilliAmp hours, a 6 cell will have
    5300mAh. I'm pretty sure it's law to supply that info, along with the
    voltage and if a charger input/output voltages and it's mA.

    --

    Michael Jackson is dead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU

  3. Irfan Ballard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:53:49 -0700 (PDT), Irfan Ballard
    <> wrote:

    >6 cell netbook question ...
    >
    >I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    >ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >
    >But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    >a 6 cell.
    >
    >I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    >any.
    >
    >So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >
    >Can anyone pls help me ?
    >
    >What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Irfan Ballard

    Most likely it's a "AA" battery pack.
    open the compartment and look at the length of the battery holder.
    Slip one in and if there is any room left, it requires another back to
    back.
    richard, Jun 29, 2009
  4. Irfan Ballard

    olfart Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:53:49 -0700 (PDT), Irfan Ballard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>6 cell netbook question ...
    >>
    >>I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    >>ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >>
    >>But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    >>a 6 cell.
    >>
    >>I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    >>any.
    >>
    >>So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >>
    >>Can anyone pls help me ?
    >>
    >>What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Irfan Ballard
    >>

    > Most likely it's a "AA" battery pack.
    > open the compartment and look at the length of the battery holder.
    > Slip one in and if there is any room left, it requires another back to
    > back.

    Holy S**T stOOpid
    how do you breathe with your head so far up your ass?
    olfart, Jun 29, 2009
  5. Irfan Ballard

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > Irfan Ballard <> wrote:
    >
    >>6 cell netbook question ...
    >>
    >>I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    >>ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >>
    >>But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    >>a 6 cell.
    >>
    >>I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    >>any.
    >>
    >>So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >>
    >>Can anyone pls help me ?
    >>
    >>What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?

    > Fast search says to look at the MilliAmp hours, a 6 cell will have
    > 5300mAh. I'm pretty sure it's law to supply that info, along with the
    > voltage and if a charger input/output voltages and it's mA.

    No. Current available is determined by the size of the cells as opposed to
    how many there are. Voltage is determined by the number of cells. In the
    case of a 6 cell battery where they are generally 1.5v each, you would get
    a total voltage of 9 volts out of it. Less if it's NiCa.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 29, 2009
  6. Irfan Ballard

    chuckcar Guest

    Irfan Ballard <> wrote in

    > 6 cell netbook question ...
    >
    > I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    > ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >
    > But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    > a 6 cell.
    >
    > I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    > any.
    >
    > So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >
    > Can anyone pls help me ?
    >
    > What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?

    Measure the voltage produced by the battery pack with a multimeter and
    then divide by 1.5. If you don't get an even number (give or take .1) then
    try 1.2 instead.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 29, 2009
  7. Irfan Ballard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-06-29, Irfan Ballard <> wrote:
    > 6 cell netbook question ...
    >
    > I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    > ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >
    > But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    > a 6 cell.
    >
    > I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    > any.
    >
    > So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >
    > Can anyone pls help me ?
    >
    > What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Irfan Ballard

    If Wikipedia is to be trusted, the model number could tell you
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One#Specifications>. Otherwise,
    once you've given the battery pack a 24-hour 'soak' charge, see how long
    it takes for the battery to go flat in normal use and work out from that
    whether you seem to have the larger or smaller capacity battery.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 29, 2009
  8. Irfan Ballard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:55:32 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Most likely it's a "AA" battery pack.

    Yes. Laptop batteries are AA packs.

    And if you open up a big 12V lantern battery, it's made up of 50-60 AA
    batteries.
    Evan Platt, Jun 29, 2009
  9. Irfan Ballard

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "Irfan Ballard" <> wrote in message
    | 6 cell netbook question ...
    |
    | I recently ordered an -Acer Aspire Netbook with a 6 cell battery. I
    | ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    |
    | But when the netbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    | a 6 cell.
    |
    | I looked at the netbook for any written indication - I could not see
    | any.
    |
    | So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    |
    | Can anyone pls help me ?
    |
    | What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?
    |
    | Thanks,
    | Irfan Ballard

    You didn't say which model but their site says it can be either 3 or 6
    of Li-Ion cells for some models--
    http://us.acer.com/acer-v2/products...tx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3529792491

    "30-watt AC adapter Lithium ion batteries - Six-cell - up to 7.0 hours
    life depending on configuration and usage or - Three-cell - up to 4.0
    hours life depending on configuration and usage"

    I think Li-Ion cells are a nominal 3.7 vdc as is Li-Po cells. At full
    charge they would read about 4.2 vdc per cell. Here is what Wikipedia
    has to say about Li-Ion-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-Ion

    --
    But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be
    restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
    John Adams, letter to Abigail Adams, July 17, 1775

    Anyolmouse
    Anyolmouse, Jun 29, 2009
  10. Irfan Ballard

    doS Guest

    the 6 cell battery will stick out the back further than the casing,also,a
    3 cell will get about 2 hrs battery life.

    doS, Jun 29, 2009
  11. Irfan Ballard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:22:54 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:55:32 -0400, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Most likely it's a "AA" battery pack.

    > Yes. Laptop batteries are AA packs.
    >
    > And if you open up a big 12V lantern battery, it's made up of 50-60 AA
    > batteries.

    I've got a 1,000,000 candle-power lamp and its 12v battery is a sealed
    lead-acid battery.

    Go figure.
    Aardvark, Jun 29, 2009
  12. Irfan Ballard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:39:25 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
    <> wrote:

    >I've got a 1,000,000 candle-power lamp and its 12v battery is a sealed
    >lead-acid battery.
    >
    >Go figure.

    I was alluding to the Battery Hack...
    http://www.hoax-slayer.com/6-volt-battery-hack.shtml

    :)
    Evan Platt, Jun 29, 2009
  13. Irfan Ballard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:40:45 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:39:25 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've got a 1,000,000 candle-power lamp and its 12v battery is a sealed
    >>lead-acid battery.
    >>
    >>Go figure.

    > I was alluding to the Battery Hack...
    > http://www.hoax-slayer.com/6-volt-battery-hack.shtml
    >
    > :)

    I'd never heard of that. I'm left wondering whether the vid is trickery or
    not. I would have thought that the innards of that big battery would be
    similar to those of a PP9- slabs of black stuff layered, if I remember
    rightly from my 'dismantling things just to see what's inside' period in
    my very young days.
    Aardvark, Jun 29, 2009
  14. Irfan Ballard

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:22:54 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:55:32 -0400, richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Most likely it's a "AA" battery pack.

    >> Yes. Laptop batteries are AA packs.
    >>
    >> And if you open up a big 12V lantern battery, it's made up of 50-60 AA
    >> batteries.

    > I've got a 1,000,000 candle-power lamp and its 12v battery is a sealed
    > lead-acid battery.

    Is it silver and about 3" diameter and say NVP on it? have you had the
    battery die on yours? We have three and the battery died on all of them
    inside of two years.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 29, 2009
  15. Irfan Ballard

    Guest

    ----------

    >>>So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.

    >>>What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?

    >> Fast search says to look at the MilliAmp hours, a 6 cell will have
    >> 5300mAh. I'm pretty sure it's law to supply that info, along with the
    >> voltage and if a charger input/output voltages and it's mA.

    It works with 3 or 6 cells, so what voltage would you imagine the
    netbook would require.

    Christ.
    --

    Michael Jackson is dead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU
    offensive language.
    R.I.P Michael Jackson
    , Jun 30, 2009
  16. Irfan Ballard

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Measure the voltage produced by the battery pack with a multimeter and
    >then divide by 1.5. If you don't get an even number (give or take .1) then
    >try 1.2 instead.

    I have a cordless phone whose battery pack has three batteries. The
    voltage comes out to 3 - explain that idiot.

    --

    Michael Jackson is dead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU
    offensive language.
    R.I.P Michael Jackson
    , Jun 30, 2009
  17. Irfan Ballard

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> I've got a 1,000,000 candle-power lamp and its 12v battery is a sealed
    >> lead-acid battery.

    >Is it silver and about 3" diameter and say NVP on it? have you had the
    >battery die on yours? We have three and the battery died on all of them
    >inside of two years.

    You have to turn them off when your not using them.

    --

    Michael Jackson is dead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU
    offensive language.
    R.I.P Michael Jackson
    , Jun 30, 2009
  18. Irfan Ballard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:30:31 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    >> I've got a 1,000,000 candle-power lamp and its 12v battery is a sealed
    >> lead-acid battery.
    >>

    > Is it silver and about 3" diameter and say NVP on it? have you had the
    > battery die on yours?

    No
    Aardvark, Jun 30, 2009
  19. Irfan Ballard

    jack Guest

    On Jun 29, 1:53 pm, Irfan Ballard <> wrote:
    > 6 cellnetbookquestion...
    >
    > I recently ordered an  -Acer AspireNetbookwith a 6 cell battery. I
    > ordered it from a store on Amazon.
    >
    > But when thenetbook, none of the documentation indicated that it was
    > a 6 cell.
    >
    > I looked at thenetbookfor any written indication -  I could not see
    > any.
    >
    > So i do not know if this a 3 cell or 6 cell battery.
    >
    > Can anyone pls help me ?
    >
    > What should i be looking for to confirm that it is a 6 cell?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Irfan Ballard

    You can see the capacity ,see here you can know what is the laptop ?

    http://www.batteries-wiki.org/?p=120

    and the netbook batery http://www.batteries4laptop.co.uk/netbook-battery.htm

    netbook battery life http://www.batteries4laptop.co.uk/blog/?p=8
    jack, Jul 6, 2009