    Can not enable vpdn on the same interface as
    PPPoE.

    Any way around this?
    darkmoo, Oct 4, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    darkmoo <> wrote:
    >Thought I would be able to have both pppoe auth & pptp on the outside
    >interface of my 501 running 6.3(5)

    >But I get the following msg

    >Can not enable vpdn on the same interface as
    >PPPoE.

    >Any way around this?

    No.

    PPPoE and PPTP both require forms of GRE. In order to use both
    together, the GRE part of PPTP would have to be encapsulated
    within the GRE part of PPPoE, which is more complicated than
    PIX 6 is willing to get into.

    The restriction is documented, but the reference site isn't
    coming up at the moment so I can't post a URL right now.
    Walter Roberson, Oct 4, 2006

  3. darkmoo

    darkmoo Guest

    On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 03:44:10 +0000, Walter Roberson wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > darkmoo <> wrote:
    >>Thought I would be able to have both pppoe auth & pptp on the outside
    >>interface of my 501 running 6.3(5)

    >>But I get the following msg

    >>Can not enable vpdn on the same interface as
    >>PPPoE.

    >>Any way around this?

    > No.
    >
    > PPPoE and PPTP both require forms of GRE. In order to use both
    > together, the GRE part of PPTP would have to be encapsulated
    > within the GRE part of PPPoE, which is more complicated than
    > PIX 6 is willing to get into.
    >
    > The restriction is documented, but the reference site isn't
    > coming up at the moment so I can't post a URL right now.

    Yep from my google research looks like it can't be done. So I managed to
    setup IPSEC using the cisco VPN client.

    Thanks I really appreciate all of your help :)
    darkmoo, Oct 4, 2006