6.1 Confusion

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Emir, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. Emir

    Emir Guest

    I have a Cambridge DVD Player that has 5.1 Analog Outputs that is
    running to my Cambridge Audio Receiver that is 6.1. I am only running a

    5.1 set up.

    My question is when I'm running a movie or DVD audio disk in DTS or
    Analog it shows 6.1 channels running on my Receiver. Am I actually
    losing a channel and missing out on some sounds?

    Should I still to the Dolby option which shows 5.1 on my reciever.

    I hope I'm making sense here. I do notice a big sound difference
    between the Dolby option and analog option. The analog being much
    better.

    Thanks in Advance.

    EA
    Emir, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Emir

    Jordan Guest

    6.1 has a rear center channel. You aren't necessarily "missing"
    anything as a lot of the sound is duplicated elsewhere in the rear
    channel, but it is nice to have.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Emir

    Emir Guest

    Thanks Jordon. It seems that you are the only one that understood my
    question.
    Emir, Nov 16, 2005