  1. Are IBM the only vendor able to ship CPUs with clock speeds of 4GHz and
    above in volume?

    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/28/ibm_shipped_power6_plus_already/>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 8, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 23:24:14 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Are IBM the only vendor able to ship CPUs with clock speeds of 4GHz and
    > above in volume?
    >
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/28/ibm_shipped_power6_plus_already/>

    Don't you mean *IS* IBM the only vendor?

    Or are you talking about multiple vendors, in which case, what are the other ones?

    Sweetpea, Feb 8, 2010

  3. In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:

    > Don't you mean *IS* IBM the only vendor?

    Is you speaking English?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 8, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Feb 8, 11:24 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > Are IBM the only vendor able to ship CPUs with clock speeds of 4GHz and
    > above in volume?
    >
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/28/ibm_shipped_power6_plus_already/>

    Could be, but I there are a lot of weak links in the chain that
    deserve more attention than CPU clock speeds.
    Simon, Feb 9, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Feb 9, 1:16 pm, Simon <> wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 11:24 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    >
    > central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > > Are IBM the only vendor able to ship CPUs with clock speeds of 4GHz and
    > > above in volume?

    > > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/28/ibm_shipped_power6_plus_already/>

    > Could be, but I there are a lot of weak links in the chain that
    > deserve more attention than CPU clock speeds.

    The missing word was "but I *think*".
    Simon, Feb 9, 2010
  6. In message <>, Simon wrote:

    > On Feb 8, 11:24 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> Are IBM the only vendor able to ship CPUs with clock speeds of 4GHz and
    >> above in volume?
    >>
    >> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/28/ibm_shipped_power6_plus_already/>

    > Could be, but I there are a lot of weak links in the chain that
    > deserve more attention than CPU clock speeds.

    I think you’ll find IBM have those well in hand.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 9, 2010
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:41:03 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:
    >
    >> Don't you mean *IS* IBM the only vendor?

    > Is you speaking English?

    No. I am writing standard English.

    You are writing nonsense!

    Sweetpea, Feb 9, 2010
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:
    >
    >> Don't you mean *IS* IBM the only vendor?

    > Is you speaking English?

    Is he speaking English? Yes.
    Gib Bogle, Feb 12, 2010