    Looking at the photo's, it looks like the 5D has an IR focusing beam. If
    so, wouldn't your finger get in the way.

    Also, no built in flash. Does this mean that it is weather proof?

    Anthony, Aug 24, 2005

  2. On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:13:52 +0100, "Anthony" <>
    wrote:

    >Looking at the photo's, it looks like the 5D has an IR focusing beam. If
    >so, wouldn't your finger get in the way.

    No.

    >Also, no built in flash. Does this mean that it is weather proof?

    No.

    Read the specs....

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelTechSpecsAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=11933

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Anthony

    JOE Guest

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > Looking at the photo's, it looks like the 5D has an IR focusing beam. If
    > so, wouldn't your finger get in the way.
    >
    > Also, no built in flash. Does this mean that it is weather proof?

    No, but if it's lacking a carry strap it IS radiation-proof. And if lacking
    a leatherette pouch, it's resistant to Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)

    Hope this helps

    JOE

    JOE, Aug 25, 2005