    Comparisons to 20D (or other cameras) from an image 'quality'
    standpoint?

    Thanks

    W (winhag), Dec 4, 2005

  2. W (winhag)

    Sarah Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    W (winhag) <> wrote:
    >Folks,
    >
    >To those who have purchased a 5D and have now used it for some time,
    >can you comment on your impressions both positive and negative (no pun
    >intended)?
    >Is it more, less, or about what you expected? Any surprises?.

    I'm very happy with mine. It has exceeded my expectations. The only problems
    I'd say I have with it are that a) they took the function key away that the
    10D had, so there's no dedicated FEL button, and b) The single
    custom-settings mode is a bit limiting - I'd like three of them.

    Apart from that, image quality is great. Ergonomics are good (I don't wear
    glasses though - I've heard that some who do dislike the viewfinder), and
    I'm finding the picture styles more useful than I thought I would,
    especially the monochrome modes.
    --
    Sarah (nee Chris) Brown - business as usual during renovation

    Gender Dysphoria info: http://www.looking-glass.greenend.org.uk/help.htm
    http://www.elevated.fsnet.co.uk/index-page7.html

    Sarah Brown, Dec 4, 2005

  3. W (winhag)

    lens crack Guest

    lens crack, Dec 5, 2005
  4. W (winhag)

    Skip M Guest

    "W (winhag)" <> wrote in message
    > Folks,
    >
    > To those who have purchased a 5D and have now used it for some time,
    > can you comment on your impressions both positive and negative (no pun
    > intended)?
    > Is it more, less, or about what you expected? Any surprises?.
    > Comparisons to 20D (or other cameras) from an image 'quality'
    > standpoint?
    >
    > Thanks

    We've had ours since early Oct, "upgrading" from 20Ds. We bought them
    mainly for the capability to use wide angle lenses to their fullest extent,
    the extra mp was incidental. But we've been surprised by the overall
    improvement in quality of the images vs. the 20D. Smoother tonal
    transitions, better colors (despite PopPhoto rating it behind the 20D) and
    less post processing have been the unexpected payoffs.
    Battery life is shorter, 400-600 images per battery, vs 600-800 for the 20D,
    it takes longer to process files, both in the camera, so it takes longer for
    images to show up on the LCD, marginally, and in the computer, so it takes a
    little longer to download files.
    Images are small, but this wedding was shot with both of our 5Ds...
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com/SJ1.html

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com