  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

    Anthony, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    The EOS 5D offers complete compatibility with all Canon EVE lenses ,
    providing photographers with access to a vast range of lenses with focal
    lengths from 14 to 600 mm.

    Anthony, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Sorry, meant to say 'EF lenses' not 'EVE lenses'.

    Anthony, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Anthony

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:36:53 +0100, Anthony wrote:

    > Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

    You haven't been following this group? the 5D has a full frame sensor.
    --
    Neil
    Delete delete to reply by email

    Neil Ellwood, Aug 24, 2005
  5. On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:48:19 +0100, "Anthony" <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry, meant to say 'EF lenses' not 'EVE lenses'.

    EF not EF-S, it's that simple. No they won't work, why would you want
    them to.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 24, 2005
  6. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Neil Ellwood" <> wrote in message

    > You haven't been following this group?

    Nope

    the 5D has a full frame sensor.

    Yup. As per my own reply to my post previously.

    Anthony, Aug 24, 2005
  7. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    10MM on a full frame sensor. Would have been interesting.

    More importantly, I said that Canon would adopt the full frame sensor a year
    ago. But, I was told that everything would APS. Mmm.

    Anthony, Aug 24, 2005
  8. Anthony

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >Anthony writes ...
    >
    >More importantly, I said that Canon would adopt the full frame sensor a
    >year ago.

    Canon has offered a full-frame sensor in the 1Ds (and now the 1Ds M II)
    for the past 3 years or so. Also a 1.3x sensor on the 1D and 1D Mark
    II that also won't work with the EF-S lenses.

    >But, I was told that everything would (be) APS.

    Who told you this? For a few years now Canon has said they'll offer
    different sensor sizes.

    Bill Hilton, Aug 24, 2005
  9. Anthony

    Darrell Guest

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

    NOPE

    Darrell, Aug 25, 2005
  10. On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:45:33 +0100, "Anthony" <>
    wrote:

    >10MM on a full frame sensor. Would have been interesting.
    >
    >More importantly, I said that Canon would adopt the full frame sensor a year
    >ago. But, I was told that everything would APS. Mmm.

    Canon has had full frame sensor cameras for more than a year.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 25, 2005
  11. Anthony

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >John Stovall writes ...
    >
    >Canon has had full frame sensor cameras for more than a year.

    The full-frame 1Ds came out in fall 2002, almost three years ago ...

    Bill Hilton, Aug 25, 2005
  12. Anthony

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    Darrell <> wrote:

    >> Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?
    >>

    > NOPE

    Can't you saw off a piece of plastic, put an EF-S lens on a 5D,
    and get mondo vignetting, especially at wide angle?

    Here are instructions for sawing off plastic on an 18-55 EFS:
    http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutorials/efs-10d.html1

    Not that any sane person would do this...

    Bill Tuthill, Aug 25, 2005
  13. In article <>, Bill Tuthill <> writes
    >Darrell <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?
    >>>

    >> NOPE

    >Can't you saw off a piece of plastic, put an EF-S lens on a 5D,
    >and get mondo vignetting, especially at wide angle?
    >
    >Here are instructions for sawing off plastic on an 18-55 EFS:
    >http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutorials/efs-10d.html1
    >
    >Not that any sane person would do this...

    It would probably interfere with the mirror.

    David
    --
    David Littlewood

    David Littlewood, Aug 25, 2005