    Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?

    Any problems in using them together?

    Will I be able to use the 550EX with the new Canon 20D?
    Lost Pixels, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Lost Pixels

    Mark M Guest

    "Lost Pixels" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?
    >
    > Any problems in using them together?
    >
    > Will I be able to use the 550EX with the new Canon 20D?

    No...Haven't, due to the fact that fast NiMh batteries nearly make use of
    one unnecessary...
    ....But yes, you can (and SHOULD) use the 550EX with the 20D.
    Mark M, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Lost Pixels

    Mark B. Guest

    > Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?
    >
    > Any problems in using them together?
    >
    > Will I be able to use the 550EX with the new Canon 20D?

    I used to use a Quantum pack with my 540EZ with the EOS A2. When I went
    digital and had to get new flashes, I found that it's a lot more convenient
    to carry a couple extra sets of AA NiMH.

    Mark
    Mark B., Sep 29, 2004
  4. Lost Pixels

    GT40 Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:12:34 -0400, "Lost Pixels"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?
    >
    >Any problems in using them together?
    >
    >Will I be able to use the 550EX with the new Canon 20D?

    I used a Quantum Turbo Z with my 550EX, works fine if you can get used
    to the cable being there.

    Yes you can use it with your 20D
    GT40, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Lost Pixels

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Lost Pixels"

    >Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?

    I have a Turbo Z and my wife uses the Turbo C with 550EX's

    >Any problems in using them together?

    Get the right connecting cord and they work great together. There's a limit on
    max # of continuous shots (maybe 20 or so? check the manual) before the flash
    gets too hot.

    >Will I be able to use the 550EX with the new Canon 20D?

    Probably, we're using them with 10D's, Mark II's and a 1Ds.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Lost Pixels

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >> Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?

    >From: "Mark M"

    >No...Haven't, due to the fact that fast NiMh batteries nearly make use of
    >one unnecessary...

    The external battery packs give you much shorter recycle times than NiMh
    batteries and work much better in the cold.
    Bill Hilton, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Lost Pixels

    Mark M Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > >> Does anyone use the Canon 550EX and a Quantum battery pack?

    > >From: "Mark M"

    > >No...Haven't, due to the fact that fast NiMh batteries nearly make use of
    > >one unnecessary...

    > The external battery packs give you much shorter recycle times than NiMh
    > batteries and work much better in the cold.

    No doubt true...
    I was really mentioning this because many people are used to alkalines, and
    don't realize that recycle times are actually FASTER with NiMh batteries. A
    lot of folks have bad memories of old-days NiCad batteries working like
    crap, and heven't discovered ht the benefits of Nimh. Some of these people
    might well be satisfied with this easier move, and may then not feel the
    need for an external supply. -That's the case with me, so I thought it was
    worth mentioning.
    Mark M, Sep 30, 2004