  1. AF

    AF Guest

    Does the ASA 5505 support any type of IPS/IDS yet?

    AF, Jul 9, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    AF <> wrote:
    >Does the ASA 5505 support any type of IPS/IDS yet?

    Just pretty much the same as PIX 6.

    Lack of support for Anti-X is a major main distinguishing model
    feature for the 5505, so my -expectation- is that we will never
    see Anti-X on that model. My -expectation- is that if Cisco were
    to decide that they wanted their low-end ASA model to have
    anti-X support, that they would introduce a new model,
    a "5506e" or whatever.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 10, 2007

  3. AF

    AF Guest

    On Jul 9, 10:02 pm, (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > AF <> wrote:
    > >Does the ASA 5505 support any type of IPS/IDS yet?

    > Just pretty much the same as PIX 6.
    >
    > Lack of support for Anti-X is a major main distinguishing model
    > feature for the 5505, so my -expectation- is that we will never
    > see Anti-X on that model. My -expectation- is that if Cisco were
    > to decide that they wanted their low-end ASA model to have
    > anti-X support, that they would introduce a new model,
    > a "5506e" or whatever.

    Thank you Walter - do you have any links handy I could review? I tried
    digging through Cisco.com without much luck.

    AF, Jul 10, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    AF <> wrote:
    >On Jul 9, 10:02 pm, (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    >> In article <>,

    >> AF <> wrote:
    >> >Does the ASA 5505 support any type of IPS/IDS yet?

    >> Just pretty much the same as PIX 6.

    >> Lack of support for Anti-X is a major main distinguishing model
    >> feature for the 5505, so my -expectation- is that we will never
    >> see Anti-X on that model. My -expectation- is that if Cisco were
    >> to decide that they wanted their low-end ASA model to have
    >> anti-X support, that they would introduce a new model,
    >> a "5506e" or whatever.

    >Thank you Walter - do you have any links handy I could review?

    Links to what? The lack of support is documented on the product
    description pages, and you just have to look across the line there
    to see that the 5505 has no slots to deduce that it probably will
    never have anti-X.

    The existing support carried over from PIX 6 is the "ip audit"
    facilities.

    The specific support signatures are detailed in the System Log Messages
    book as well as in the "ip audit" descriptions. Look for the 40000 series
    of message numbers.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 11, 2007