    different.
    Thanks for your help.

    Joe

    joe, Aug 27, 2004

  2. joe

    Crownfield Guest

    joe wrote:

    > I'm considering an adapter for my canon G5 so i can add different
    > lense's and filter's.There seems to be two to choose from a 52mm or
    > 58mm , can anyone advise me on which would be the best to purchase
    > regarding price of accessories
    > for each adapter and price of accessories for each adapter if
    > different.
    > Thanks for your help.

    dear joe:

    have you gone to B&H and looked at filters?
    what do you think?

    Crownfield, Aug 27, 2004

  3. joe wrote:

    > I'm considering an adapter for my canon G5 so i can add different
    > lense's and filter's.There seems to be two to choose from a 52mm or
    > 58mm , can anyone advise me on which would be the best to purchase
    > regarding price of accessories
    > for each adapter and price of accessories for each adapter if
    > different.
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Joe

    58mm filters cost more than 52mm filters. However, a 58mm adapter is
    less likely to vignette at wide angles.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Aug 27, 2004
  4. (joe) writes:
    > I'm considering an adapter for my canon G5 so i can add different
    > lense's and filter's.There seems to be two to choose from a 52mm or
    > 58mm , can anyone advise me on which would be the best to purchase
    > regarding price of accessories
    > for each adapter and price of accessories for each adapter if
    > different.

    I ended up getting the Lensmate 52mm - because that dimension seemed
    to give the best choice in aftermarket accessories.

    For a longer note on how I arrived at that conclusion, as well
    some pointers reviews of WA converters for the G5 that might
    interest you - see my blog:
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~gisle/blog/index.php?p=6

    Gisle Hannemyr, Sep 2, 2004