    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, Dec 1, 2003

  2. ArtKramr

    Thor Guest

    well that would depend entirely on where you are reading that from. Where
    exactly did you see it?

    "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    > My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free

    space

    Thor, Dec 1, 2003

  3. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: 52% free?
    >From: "Thor"
    >Date: 12/1/03 11:56 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >well that would depend entirely on where you are reading that from. Where
    >exactly did you see it?
    >

    >..
    >"ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    >> My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free

    >space
    >> on the hard disk? Or something else?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>

    >> Arthur Kramer
    >> 344th BG 494th BS
    >> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    >> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    >> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I go to Control Panel,,,,
    Then to Systems...
    Then to performance...
    The to System Resources and that is where thw 52% Free appears.
    What do you think?

    ArtKramr, Dec 1, 2003
  4. ArtKramr wrote:
    >>Subject: Re: 52% free?
    >>From: "Thor"
    >>Date: 12/1/03 11:56 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>well that would depend entirely on where you are reading that from. Where
    >>exactly did you see it?
    >>

    >>..
    >>"ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free

    >>space
    >>
    >>>on the hard disk? Or something else?
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>

    >>>Arthur Kramer
    >>>344th BG 494th BS
    >>> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    >>>Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    >>>http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    >>>

    > Thanks for your prompt reply.
    > I go to Control Panel,,,,
    > Then to Systems...
    > Then to performance...
    > The to System Resources and that is where thw 52% Free appears.
    > What do you think?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Arthur Kramer
    > 344th BG 494th BS
    > England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    > Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    > http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    I think it's referring to system resources. You have 52% of your system
    resources free.

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 1, 2003
  5. ArtKramr

    Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:56:38 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    <> wrote:

    >I think it's referring to system resources. You have 52% of your system
    >resources free.

    I've been meaning to ask for a long time. I understand % ram and % HD,
    but what exactly do they mean by system resources? Thanks.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Dec 2, 2003
  6. ArtKramr

    derek / nul Guest

    derek / nul, Dec 2, 2003
  7. ArtKramr

    Robert Baer Guest

    Robert Baer, Dec 3, 2003
  8. ArtKramr

    Guest

    , Dec 3, 2003
  9. ArtKramr

    Thor Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:18:20 +1100, derek / nul <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, wrote:
    > >
    > >>system resources

    >http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q="system resourc

    es%22&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

    > Found some interesting stuff. I have XP. Why are System Resources not
    > an issue for me? Can't find the sys monitor on my HD.

    because XP handles it's system resources in an entirely different way, which
    makes running out of them almost impossible.

    Thor, Dec 3, 2003
  10. ArtKramr

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:48:58 GMT, Robert Baer <> wrote:

    >derek / nul wrote:
    >>
    >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, wrote:
    >>
    >> >system resources

    >> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...q="system resources"&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    > And what, pray tell does that reference to do with "free" and 52% ???
    > Remember: TINSTAAFL.

    If you had bothered to follow some of the links, it explained what they were!!

    derek / nul, Dec 3, 2003
  11. ArtKramr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > because XP handles it's system resources in an entirely different way,
    > which makes running out of them almost impossible.

    You would almost undoubtedly run out of other required things (memory)
    before running out of system resources on an NT based box.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 3, 2003
  12. ArtKramr

    Robert Baer Guest

    derek / nul wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:48:58 GMT, Robert Baer <> wrote:
    >
    > >derek / nul wrote:

    > >> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...q="system resources"&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    > > And what, pray tell does that reference to do with "free" and 52% ???
    > > Remember: TINSTAAFL.

    > If you had bothered to follow some of the links, it explained what they were!!

    Perhaps a better term should be "available".

    Robert Baer, Dec 4, 2003
  13. ArtKramr

    Robert Baer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > "Thor" <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > because XP handles it's system resources in an entirely different way,
    > > which makes running out of them almost impossible.
    > >

    > You would almost undoubtedly run out of other required things (memory)
    > before running out of system resources on an NT based box.
    >
    > --
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > website: under construction
    > email/IM for rates/services

    Are you saying that XP will eventually do some (on the sly)
    compression as the hard drive gets full?

    Robert Baer, Dec 4, 2003
  14. ArtKramr

    derek / nul Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:29:35 GMT, Robert Baer <> wrote:

    >DeMoN LaG wrote:
    >>
    >> "Thor" <> wrote in news::
    >>
    >> > because XP handles it's system resources in an entirely different way,
    >> > which makes running out of them almost impossible.
    >> >

    >> You would almost undoubtedly run out of other required things (memory)
    >> before running out of system resources on an NT based box.
    >>
    >> --
    >> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    >> email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    >> website: under construction
    >> Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
    >> email/IM for rates/services

    > Are you saying that XP will eventually do some (on the sly)
    >compression as the hard drive gets full?

    no

    derek / nul, Dec 4, 2003
  15. ArtKramr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in

    > Are you saying that XP will eventually do some (on the sly)
    > compression as the hard drive gets full?

    No, where would you infer that from?

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 5, 2003