    newegg offers the Panasonic that they say is rated at 10mbs, altho
    jandr's site says 2mbs. On Panasonics site there are no specs for
    speed. which brand card would be recommended for a faster card?

    Mike Stobbe, Apr 17, 2004

  2. The 512 MB Panasonic SD is rated at 10 Mbps. It's on their web site and
    clearly marked on every retail package. I have two of them for my Panasonic
    SV-AV100 which must have the high speed.

    Bye.

    David Sommers, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Mike Stobbe

    errepi Guest

    ok but is it 10 Mb/s in read mode, write or both?

    errepi, Apr 17, 2004
  4. The Panasonic SV-AV100 records and plays MPEG2 video at 6 Mbps continuous.
    It works flawlessly with these SD cards. I'd have to say it's both read and
    write.

    This particular Panasonic camera is the only one I know of that needs an SD
    card this fast. What is your application that requires an SD card at this
    speed?

    Bye.

    David Sommers, Apr 18, 2004