512mb for $30!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bolshoy Huy, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. Bolshoy Huy

    Bolshoy Huy Guest

    Bolshoy Huy, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Bolshoy Huy

    Guest

    , Dec 21, 2005

  3. >>>>> [the only question is: why so cheap?]

    The answer is that prices for memory keep going down. Personally, I'm not
    going to buy that card. I would prefer a 1gb card (soting about twice that
    much) that I know saves fast, not a card half that size with performance
    that I don't know about.

    Douglas W. Hoyt, Dec 21, 2005
  4. Bolshoy Huy

    timeOday Guest

    wrote:
    > Bolshoy Huy wrote:
    >

    >>512mb goes for $60-$99, w/rebate same price as a 128mb.
    >>
    >>http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat04007&id=1060002782027
    >>
    >>[the only question is: why so cheap?]

    > Because if you walk next door to Staples, you can by a 1 gig SD for
    > $50, after rebate.
    >
    > Bill

    All else equal, I would prefer Staples because their online rebate
    system is pretty slick and, I think, increases the chances of actually
    seeing the rebate, and sooner.

    timeOday, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Bolshoy Huy

    Bucky Guest

    Bolshoy Huy wrote:
    > 512mb goes for $60-$99, w/rebate same price as a 128mb.
    > [the only question is: why so cheap?]

    Um, because I bought a 512MB from Fry's last month for $20 (and it
    didn't even require a rebate).

    Bucky, Dec 21, 2005