    which did the same thing. Could this be the issue?

    Thanks.

    , Aug 6, 2007

  2. just bob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all:
    >
    > We have had our PIX 506E for about 2-3 years now. Just this past few
    > weeks we have been having to restart it in order for it to allow
    > traffic to flow through. Anyone know what might be causing this?
    > Nothing has changed as far as its configuration goes.
    >
    > We have had Cisco hardware in the past have faulty power adapters
    > which did the same thing. Could this be the issue?

    Not sure but it could be the power cable. I'm not found of it's connector
    and it's given me trouble, too. Usually if you bump it the machine will
    restart.

    just bob, Aug 6, 2007

  3. Dan Guest

    Could be a bug also, upgrade to 6.3.5 if you are not there yet.

    Dan, Oct 20, 2007
  4. CK Guest

    Hi,

    It happened wih me as well with PIX 506 E. After a successful reboot
    it stopped responding and traffic flow stopped.
    Causes may be:
    1. Memory full which make PIX to restart.
    2. Hardware (NIC) faulty.
    3. Miss configuration.
    4. Power adapter faulty.

    None of this helped me and when i open the PIX chasis and there is
    one Lithium Battery which was faulty
    and after replacing the battery it worked fiine
    Dont know what happened after 2 months i replaced the new battery with
    the same old one and its working from past 11months now
    ;)

    CK, Oct 21, 2007