    right now, I have only 3meg left of 16meg. Is ths normal? I dont have much
    setting on the configs(ftp,mail, and defualt stuffs).

    thanks all

    ikendo, Sep 17, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Sep 17, 2006

  3. ikendo

    Guest

    ikendo wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > A quick question, why is my cisco pix 501 memory usage are soo high? As
    > right now, I have only 3meg left of 16meg. Is ths normal? I dont have much
    > setting on the configs(ftp,mail, and defualt stuffs).

    My best guess is that this is probably OK,

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html
    Suggests that the 501 only supports 16M.

    Monitor it for memory usage on an ongoing basis if you are worried.

    I suspect that you cannot change the memory
    size in any case. If you want more free memory
    I think that you will have to get a more expensive Pix.
    Pix 535 supoports 1G at least.
    Free memory of course is of no value.

    Walter will likely be along in a minute with the real
    answer.

    , Sep 17, 2006