    geopelia Guest

    What does 501 BAD AUTHINFO param mean please?

    Should I try rejoining eternal-september?

    geopelia, Feb 16, 2013

  2. geopelia

    EMB Guest

    On 17/02/2013 9:28 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    > What does 501 BAD AUTHINFO param mean please?
    >
    > Should I try rejoining eternal-september?

    It means your username and/or password are incorrect.

    EMB, Feb 16, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > On 17/02/2013 9:28 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    >> What does 501 BAD AUTHINFO param mean please?
    >>
    >> Should I try rejoining eternal-september?
    >>

    > It means your username and/or password are incorrect.

    Thank you. The computer man is sorting that out. I've just got a new
    computer and a lot of stuff seems to be lost and not recognised.

    geopelia, Feb 17, 2013
  4. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2013-02-17, geopelia <> wrote:

    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >> On 17/02/2013 9:28 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    >>> What does 501 BAD AUTHINFO param mean please?
    >>>
    >>> Should I try rejoining eternal-september?
    >>>

    >> It means your username and/or password are incorrect.

    > Thank you. The computer man is sorting that out. I've just got a new
    > computer and a lot of stuff seems to be lost and not recognised.

    Just have to ask, Is it running windows 7 or 8? Have you said good by to XP?

    Gordon, Feb 18, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2013-02-17, geopelia <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "EMB" <> wrote in message

    >>> It means your username and/or password are incorrect.

    >> Thank you. The computer man is sorting that out. I've just got a new
    >> computer and a lot of stuff seems to be lost and not recognised.

    > Just have to ask, Is it running windows 7 or 8? Have you said good by to
    > XP?

    No, I'm keeping XP. It's complicated enough without having to learn a whole
    new system.
    How do I find out which windows I have got? I've got Outlook Express 6.

    eternal-september groups are now fixed, but there are a lot of surprising
    groups listed which I didn't put there.
    Have to unsubscribe a lot.

    geopelia, Feb 18, 2013