    sys_tech Guest

    Has the 5000 mark been hit yet? I just finished my last
    exam and was certified today.

    sys_tech, Jun 30, 2004

  2. sys_tech

    Bobby Guest

    Hi sys_tech,

    Officially as of May 18, 2004, there are registered 858 MCDSTs. It's more than a month now from that date. However it is quite possible that you might have made it into the first 5000 MCDST. For more info on the number of certified professionals in various certifications by MSFT, go to the link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp

    Hope this help.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Jul 1, 2004

  3. sys_tech

    Guest Guest

    If it was that low in may I highly doubt 4000+ people
    have done it...it doesn't seem to be very popular yet.

    Guest, Jul 1, 2004
  4. sys_tech

    Tony Guest

    Popularity as compared to obscurity? I support XP desktops
    all day and didn't find out about this cert until the end
    of June. I was shopping on Amazon and followed a link to
    the 272 book. That's how I found out about it.

    Tony, Jul 1, 2004
  5. sys_tech

    Bobby Guest

    Hi Tony,

    If you try hard and get past both exams quickly, you might still stand a chance to get the 'chartered' MCDST certification. I just got confirmation that someone got a chartered MCDST Welcome Kit today! So the race is still on. Work fast if it matters to you.

    Hope this help.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Jul 3, 2004
  6. sys_tech

    Guest Guest

    Finally got in the system and ordered my "Charter Welcome
    Kit". So it looks like the amount of MCDSTs is still
    below 5000.

    Guest, Jul 3, 2004
  7. Just curious Tony on how we could get the word out better. Are there some
    magazines or web sites we could advertise in that most end user support
    people read?
    Thanks,

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jul 6, 2004
  8. sys_tech

    Cliff Morton Guest

    Maybe getting your books to press would help.

    I have been waiting for two months for the second book to
    come out.

    confers no

    Cliff Morton, Jul 6, 2004
  9. sys_tech

    Richard Guest

    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST);
    1,280
    the count at Juli 14th, 2004

    Richard, Aug 1, 2004