500 megapixel camera anyone?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brad Thompson, May 27, 2004.

  1. Brad Thompson, May 27, 2004

  2. "Brad Thompson" <> wrote in
    news:Rsltc.15237$:

    > Did you all see the news of the 500 megapixel camera they are building?
    >
    > http://www.fnal.gov/pub/ferminews/ferminews04-05-01/p4.html
    >
    > Now that would be a heck of a RAW file to store on your next photoshoot.

    I wonder what they will try to charge for a 28-600/F1.8?

    --
    "Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

    -Richard Cockburn
    Richard Cockburn, May 27, 2004

  3. Greg Campbell, May 27, 2004
  4. WindowSeat photography, May 27, 2004
  5. Brad Thompson

    Mike Guest

    Wait until Fermi founds out that it has backfocus and excessive moiré!

    Mike, May 28, 2004
  6. Brad Thompson

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Brad Thompson"

    >Did you all see the news of the 500 megapixel camera they are building?
    >
    >http://www.fnal.gov/pub/ferminews/ferminews04-05-01/p4.html

    They posted a TIF sample on their website for download. I just started the
    download process. It should be done in about 2010.
    Coincidence? Maybe.
    Annika1980, Jun 4, 2004