    What does it meen when my ping reply is !.!.!.!.!.!.!. for one IP-address.
    In LAN the ping reply is !!!!!!!! but from another network only every other
    packet is comming back.

    Kenneth, Feb 25, 2008

  2. Kenneth,

    Check for static route to non-existing or dead gateway. For example, if you
    have two static routes with the same metrics to the same destination, router
    will try to do a load-balancing between gateways, and if one is down, you
    will get every other packet lost.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    ------
    Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Feb 25, 2008

  3. "Kenneth" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    | Hi.
    |
    | What does it meen when my ping reply is !.!.!.!.!.!.!. for one IP-address.
    | In LAN the ping reply is !!!!!!!! but from another network only every
    other
    | packet is comming back.

    Hi,

    Apart from what already told in the previous reply, this behavior could be
    also caused by ICMP rate limiting

    Regards,
    Gabriele

    Gabriele Beltrame, Feb 25, 2008
  4. Kenneth

    Trendkill Guest

    On Feb 25, 3:32 pm, "Gabriele Beltrame" <> wrote:
    > "Kenneth" <> ha scritto nel messaggionews:3nDwj.227$...
    > | Hi.
    > |
    > | What does it meen when my ping reply is !.!.!.!.!.!.!. for one IP-address.
    > | In LAN the ping reply is !!!!!!!! but from another network only every
    > other
    > | packet is comming back.
    > |

    > Hi,
    >
    > Apart from what already told in the previous reply, this behavior could be
    > also caused by ICMP rate limiting
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gabriele

    While unlikely, I have also seen this happen when there is load
    balancing across firewalls or similar devices and there is not a
    consistent rule set. Any time when load balancing takes place, there
    is this option, albeit mostly when you use statics or you have some
    kind of traffic manipulation device (load balancer, firewall, etc).

    Trendkill, Feb 25, 2008