  1. JK

    JK Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Kevin McMurtrie, Oct 24, 2004

  3. JK

    dj_nme Guest

    Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

    > In article <>, JK <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>http://wireless.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_title=Samsung-Debuts---Megapi
    >>xel-Camera-Phone&story_id=27790

    > Samsung is making them. I doubt the image quality will be any better
    > than the cheapest 2MP cameras.

    I would imagine that the lens would be the limiting factor in it's image
    quality.
    5mp of blur isn't any more useful than a "sharp" 1.5mp image and may be
    much less satisfying.
    dj_nme, Oct 24, 2004
  4. JK

    Ian Burley Guest

    Re: the phone has a Pentax lens

    Don't be too dismissive just yet - Pentax is involved and they have some
    very clever lens technology, see:

    http://dpnow.com/1255.html

    Ian

    Ian Burley, Oct 24, 2004
  5. JK

    Robert Guest

    Re: the phone has a Pentax lens

    I could care less, If I want a phone I want a phone , If I want a camera I
    will get a camera that suite me. Picture phones is just another gimmick , so
    the cell companies can sell more options to make the picture phone to work,
    just another money making item to the dumb public.

    Robert, Oct 24, 2004
  6. JK

    dj_nme Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > I could care less, If I want a phone I want a phone , If I want a camera I
    > will get a camera that suite me. Picture phones is just another gimmick , so
    > the cell companies can sell more options to make the picture phone to work,
    > just another money making item to the dumb public.

    I must admit that share that sentiment.
    The dinky cameras built into the current crop of mobiles do not fill me
    confidence in their photographic capabilities.
    The lens will still be the weak link in a 5mp camera-phone.
    dj_nme, Oct 24, 2004
  7. Re: the phone has a Pentax lens

    In Message-ID:<MbOed.307189$D%.217170@attbi_s51> posted on Sun, 24 Oct
    2004 13:34:36 GMT, Robert wrote:

    >Picture phones is just another gimmick , so
    >the cell companies can sell more options to make the picture phone to work,
    >just another money making item to the dumb public.

    But if that cash flushed public is willing to drop a wad on such
    gimmicks, can you blame some company for indulging them?
    --

    JK
    Justín Käse, Oct 24, 2004
  8. JK

    DFS Guest

    Re: the phone has a Pentax lens

    Gee, that must make it the "official" phone of the internet.
    DFS, Oct 25, 2004