    Can anybody give some examples of 5 ghz WiFi devices?
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jan 14, 2011

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    atec77 Guest

    On 14/01/2011 10:48 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Just bought a router that does both: 2.4 and 5 ghz.
    >
    > All the devices I know of are 2.4.
    >
    > Can anybody give some examples of 5 ghz WiFi devices?

    usb sticks various wireless routers/switches and cctv cams

  3. Per atec77:
    >usb sticks various wireless routers/switches and cctv cams

    Is there an advantage to 5 ghz?

    I'm about to shop for a cctv cam.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jan 14, 2011
  4. (PeteCresswell)

    atec77 Guest

    On 15/01/2011 12:48 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per atec77:
    >> usb sticks various wireless routers/switches and cctv cams

    > Is there an advantage to 5 ghz?
    >
    > I'm about to shop for a cctv cam.

    fewer users and size of antennas , smaller with more gain

  5. (PeteCresswell)

    skelley5000

    Joined:
    May 24, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    TN

    More wireless channels with less chance of interference from sounding wireless AP's or devices
    skelley5000, May 24, 2012