    channel from each other, or should they all use a common channel eg
    Channel 11?

    Steve.

    SteBar, Mar 9, 2006

  2. SteBar

    James Gockel Guest

    it might be safer on the point of "noise" from one to another AP...
    But if the Access Points can hear each other anyway, or it's hard to connect
    to one versus another through a wall or whatever it wont make much
    difference. But I would recommend seperate channels.
    Maybe someone else, might have a different viewpoint on this issue.

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Mar 9, 2006

  3. SteBar

    James Gockel Guest

    I mean, if they can't hear each other through the walls... where it's hard
    to connect to AP#1 while in AP#2's area, then there should be no issue. or
    very little. But I still recommend even in that case go for different
    channels :-D

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Mar 9, 2006
  4. SteBar

    GTS Guest

    The standard way to configure multiple Access points in this type of
    wireless roaming setup is to use the same SSID and different channels. You
    should stagger the channel setup so that adjacent units are on different
    ones of the three fully discreet channels 1,6, and 11.

    GTS, Mar 9, 2006