    system is running at 5.3 Ghz. Honest. Scroll down to the Specs and check
    Processor. Big red letters.

    Would you buy from this knowledgeable reseller?

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Colin Barnhorst

    Bill Guest

    Some more bad info, I have this motherboard (ver 1.01a) and it only has 2
    SATA ports instead of the 4 stated. Fry/Outpost had it and a P4 506 (emt64)
    as a combo special a few months ago for $99.00. I bought it for a test box
    for Intel emt64 testing as my other x64 boxes are AMD. For the money, it's
    quite a setup. Also, got an ATI 1600 pro AGP for $75.00. Got the spare
    parts box out and ended up with a machine that Vista rates a 3. My dual
    core AMD only got a 2 and I spent 6 times as much $$$ on it last year. And
    now ECS tells me with a new BIOS due out soon, it will take the new Conroe
    processor. Looks like the most bang for the buck has swung back to Intel.

    And as to the vender claiming 5.3 GHz, If AMD can do it (my 4400 x2 runs at
    2200) then who can argue? (Sarcasm intended, insert smiley face.)

    Bill Sharpe
    BullDawg

    Bill, Aug 20, 2006

  3. Colin Barnhorst

    John Barnes Guest

    I agree. If both cores could process at 100% efficiently it would be the
    equivalent of a single core at double speed, all other things being equal
    (no bottlenecks)

    John Barnes, Aug 20, 2006
  4. A ridiculous claim, no matter how you look at it. The industry is clear
    about how we measure speed, and this isn't it. (All the silliness about how
    AMD names their processors not withstanding - they don't claim that is the
    actuall frequency.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 20, 2006
  5. By this resellers logic I should get 64bit color depth out of a pair of SLI
    video cards, eh? :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 21, 2006
  6. Or would I have a 128bit computer?

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 21, 2006
  7. Colin Barnhorst

    VWWall Guest

    Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Or would I have a 128bit computer?

    No. It got to 64bit with two 34bit--one on each core!

    >> By this resellers logic I should get 64bit color depth out of a pair of
    >> SLI video cards, eh? :)

    >>> A ridiculous claim, no matter how you look at it. The industry is clear
    >>> about how we measure speed, and this isn't it. (All the silliness about
    >>> how AMD names their processors not withstanding - they don't claim that is
    >>> the actuall frequency.)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Charlie.
    >>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    --
    Virg Wall, P.E.

    VWWall, Aug 21, 2006
  8. Colin Barnhorst

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:27:43 -0700, VWWall <> wrote:

    >Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    >> Or would I have a 128bit computer?

    >No. It got to 64bit with two 34bit--one on each core!

    Maybe a 256bit computer then?

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 21, 2006