    does not show in Windows Explorer. Please, can someone offer some help?
    --

    Alasdair Baxter,

    Alasdair Baxter, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:51:15 +0100, Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    >I purchased the above unit at a computer fair. There is no maker's name
    >although I suspect that it might be a Syba. The serial number of the unit is
    >TS 04120057256 and it uses a NEC uPD720130 chipset. Other numbers on the
    >unit are F-EN5AU2-N1-UK-BC01. I intend to use it with a DVD reader/writer on

    Google can find F-EN5AU2-N1

    >a Compaq computer with a Pentium III processor and running Windows 98SE. I
    >installed a USB2 card.
    >
    >When I try to install the software, it asks for the file ntmaphlp.pdr but

    This is the software for the USB card giving the error. You mentioned
    the case details , but nothing about the card.

    Seems to be a common error with 98xx , and 1394 driver installation.
    It's not a dual Firewire/USB card is it?

    You are going to have to do a bit of searching and look for the files,
    see stuff like -
    http://www.lurkhere.com/forum/DCForumID12/97_3.html

    >when I offer that file, the computer blue screens and on reboot, the item

    No details of the BSOD :-(

    I don't see a 98SE example http://images.google.com , but you get the
    idea, if a driver name that isn't the 1 above is mentioned try and note
    the message, usually the 1st few lines.

    >does not show in Windows Explorer. Please, can someone offer some help?

    Me

    why?, Oct 16, 2005

  3. "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    > This is the software for the USB card giving the error. You mentioned
    > the case details , but nothing about the card.
    >
    > Seems to be a common error with 98xx , and 1394 driver installation.
    > It's not a dual Firewire/USB card is it?

    The card is a USB 2.0 PCI card with the number "A-6212-4PCI 4-Port Host
    Controller card". It claims to be compatible with Microsoft USB drivers
    (Windows 95,98,Me,and Mac OS).

    --

    Alasdair

    Alasdair Baxter, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 01:35:16 +0100, Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    >> This is the software for the USB card giving the error. You mentioned
    >> the case details , but nothing about the card.
    >>
    >> Seems to be a common error with 98xx , and 1394 driver installation.
    >> It's not a dual Firewire/USB card is it?

    >The card is a USB 2.0 PCI card with the number "A-6212-4PCI 4-Port Host
    >Controller card". It claims to be compatible with Microsoft USB drivers
    >(Windows 95,98,Me,and Mac OS).

    :) that part number listed.
    http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~oruca/m_speck.html
    and another Japanese site.

    Google 3 hits, 1 listing it as

    ASONIC A-6212-4PCI
    http://www.globalsources.com/si/600...r/product_id-1000258366/action-GetProduct.htm

    Time for you to do a bit more searching.

    Did you check in the MS newsgroups about USB driver issues?

    Try www.google.com
    98 asonic usb
    and other choice keywords.

    Me