    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    ftran999 Guest

    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> wrote in message
    > My wife went out shopping yesterday and found a really good sale on
    > Hammermill 4x6 Professional Photo Paper at a store and brought some home
    > for me to use to make 4x6 photos. Previously I've been using 8½ x 11
    > photo paper and printing multiple pics to a piece of it then cutting them
    > down to achieve borderless 4x6 prints. But with this new paper I'm
    > guessing that my HP DeskJet 832C is going to require about a ½" gutter all
    > the way around the photo paper she purchased. I can almost guess the
    > answer, but without wanting to test it for myself and not be able to get
    > my $s back I'll ask here. So is my guess right? Will I get a white
    > border on all these?

    It depends on the aspect ratio (ar) of the files from which your printing.
    Your 4x6 photo paper as an ar of 2:3. Now let's say your file that you want
    to print came from a digital camera which most likely has an ap of 3:4. If
    you choose to print the entire frame then yes you will have white borders.

    > And ... is there a printer on the market that can do borderless photo
    > prints such as what I like to have? Thanks :eek:)

    Being an Epson owner I'm not familiar with HPs. However, in my printer's
    settings there is a check box for bordless prints under the paper options.
    Check under your printer settings to see if there is some type of bordless
    option. Also what software are you using to edit your prints. I use
    Photoshop Elements 3.0. Under the print options there is an option of "fit
    to paper" which will fit the entire frame on the sheet of paper usually
    resulting in borders or you can choose a 4x6 print size to fit entirely on
    4x6 paper. It's very important to realize that by printing bordless you may
    loose the parts of the image along the edges.

    ftran999, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Guest

    As the other poster stated, check the settings in your printer software
    for adjustments you can make when printing to photo paper Perhaps your
    solution is there.
    Gene
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:
    > My wife went out shopping yesterday and found a really good sale on
    > Hammermill 4x6 Professional Photo Paper at a store and brought some home for
    > me to use to make 4x6 photos. Previously I've been using 8½ x 11 photo
    > paper and printing multiple pics to a piece of it then cutting them down to
    > achieve borderless 4x6 prints. But with this new paper I'm guessing thatmy
    > HP DeskJet 832C is going to require about a ½" gutter all the way around the
    > photo paper she purchased. I can almost guess the answer, but without
    > wanting to test it for myself and not be able to get my $s back I'll ask
    > here. So is my guess right? Will I get a white border on all these?
    >
    > And ... is there a printer on the market that can do borderless photo prints
    > such as what I like to have? Thanks :eek:)
    >
    > --
    > Kyle :eek:)
    >
    > Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
    > $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    > obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expecta
    > reply. Money gets faster attention :)

    , Oct 24, 2005
  4. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Sens Fan Happy In
    Ohio <> wrote:

    > And ... is there a printer on the market that can do borderless photo prints
    > such as what I like to have? Thanks :eek:)

    Sure -- but there are also papers that have tear-off sides so you can
    use regular printers to do this.
    Borderless is nice -- but how important to you is it?
    I mean, if you had to pay an extra US$150 for the feature, rather than
    use a tear-off paper or cut yourself, is it still worth this?

    I can't see paying extra just to get it right out of the printer that
    way. I'd make a cardboard template to make cutting the paper regular.

    Mitch, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Dan Evans Guest

    > And ... is there a printer on the market that can do borderless photo
    > prints such as what I like to have? Thanks :eek:)

    Depends on the software. Paint Shop Pro 7 was filling the paper so there was
    no border, the software that came with the new camera leaves a border, Paint
    Shop Pro 10 is leaving a border. All these are printing with an Epson R300.
    I'll get round to fixing it not to leave a white border someday, but as it's
    my missus that is printing and she isn't bothered too much, and I'm really
    busy at the moment, it might be a while before I resolve that one.

    I'd consider dropping HP and going to Epson anyway. I stopped supplying HP a
    couple of years ago and now they are all (except for 2) now dead and
    replaced with Epson, I get hardly any calls for desktop printer problems.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 24, 2005