    past every other M$ exam on the first shot, this one definately made me slam
    my head against a wall.

    so glad to be done with that crap.

    Jason Fraioli, Jun 26, 2007

  2. Why is it a POS exam? Because you failed 3 times??

    Congrats on the belated pass though.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 27, 2007

  3. No, but good try. I refuse to post anymore about this exam, it's past me now
    and I refuse to waste anymore time even talking about it.

    Jason Fraioli, Jun 27, 2007
  4. I wasn't trying - but all you said on this forum about the exam is that you
    studied a lot listed some braindump sites as tesitng prep and made a
    statement how the one sim you tried was so unlike the real exam you were
    pissed off.

    I get the frustration after taking the exam 4 times and finally passing, so
    I simply asked what is so bad about 291. Its not a hard test if you prepare
    and study. And as for spending thousands of dollars. All I can say is either
    your training was worthless and you were taken advantage of or you didn't
    use the study materials at hand, or the third option which is a simplt fact
    of the matter you have no prior experience in Server 2K3 and didn't really
    study, but instead tried to memorize questions and answers...

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 27, 2007
  5. There is no study material I have seen which goes into the topics covered on
    that exam, period. If you have passed 290, 293, 294 with ease, then you
    understand the concepts. If you understand the concepts, than there is NO
    reason to buy study material for 291,...period. You can argue all you want,
    but that's a fact.

    Then you proceed to post babble like,

    "
    > I get the frustration after taking the exam 4 times and finally passing, so
    > I simply asked what is so bad about 291. Its not a hard test if you prepare
    > and study. And as for spending thousands of dollars. All I can say is either
    > your training was worthless and you were taken advantage of or you didn't
    > use the study materials at hand, or the third option which is a simplt fact
    > of the matter you have no prior experience in Server 2K3 and didn't really
    > study, but instead tried to memorize questions and answers...

    ",
    as if I needed or wanted your input on the matter. This post does not have
    a "?" next to it, therefore it was posted as a general topic. I don't
    require or want feedback on this topic.

    Jason Fraioli, Jun 27, 2007
  6. "Jason Fraioli" <> wrote in
    message news::

    > This post does not
    > have a "?" next to it, therefore it was posted as a general topic. I don't
    > require or want feedback on this topic.

    Then why waste our time posting it. You passed, good for you, now move
    on.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 27, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gRnJhaW9saQ==?=
    <> wrote in

    > There is no study material I have seen which goes into the topics
    > covered on that exam, period.

    I found my study materials covered all of the topics sufficiently and
    allowed me to pass the exam on the first try. Also I found the information
    I learned studying for this exam expanded my knowledge in several aspects
    which were previously lacking so I must completely and wholeheartedly
    disagree.

    Red Swingline Stapler, Jun 27, 2007
  8. Jason Fraioli

    John R Guest

    > There is no study material I have seen which goes into the topics covered
    > on
    > that exam, period. If you have passed 290, 293, 294 with ease, then you
    > understand the concepts. If you understand the concepts, than there is NO
    > reason to buy study material for 291,...period. You can argue all you
    > want,
    > but that's a fact.

    Jason,

    I don't really think we are arguing as much as we like to discuss the issue.
    It helps us to understand.

    290 is about server 2003, not networking infrastructure.
    294 is about Active Directory concepts like group policy, sites and
    services, etc.
    While 293 is about network infrastructure, 293 is more towards implementing
    whereas 291 is managing and maintaining. The test objectives are different,
    as you are well aware of by now.

    So, if you had in fact purchased at least the MS Press book for 291, I think
    you might have had a much easier time with this exam. If you based your
    ability to pass 291 on the fact that you passed those other three, then I
    think that might have been your misfortune.

    At any rate, you are passed it now and it looks like you are well on your
    way to MCSE. I wish you all the best.

    John R

    John R, Jun 27, 2007
  9. Jason Fraioli

    John R Guest

    > as if I needed or wanted your input on the matter. This post does not
    > have
    > a "?" next to it, therefore it was posted as a general topic. I don't
    > require or want feedback on this topic.

    And yet, you felt it necessary to post your opinion in the topic "Passed
    270, 290, 291..." by Cgard which did not have a "?" next to it, therefore we
    can only assume (by your own logic) that it was posted as a general topic,
    and he didn't require or want feedback on that topic.

    I'm just curious how we are to know the difference? :)

    John R

    John R, Jun 28, 2007
  10. I dunno, sometimes people forget to post with the "?" in there I guess.
    /shrug. I'll agree with you John that my training/study material might have
    been my problem. It's just odd that I don't see a whole lot of the nit-picky
    exam questions in my daily routine.

    @catwalker
    yeah the usenet is cool like that, it enables anyone to be a dick
    anonymously :)

    @ John R
    I do appreciate your feedback. I'll admit that I was fairly pissed off
    during my crusade to pass that exam, and even a little thereafter.

    Jason Fraioli, Jun 28, 2007
  11. Jason Fraioli

    John R Guest

    >I dunno, sometimes people forget to post with the "?" in there I guess.
    > /shrug. I'll agree with you John that my training/study material might
    > have
    > been my problem. It's just odd that I don't see a whole lot of the
    > nit-picky
    > exam questions in my daily routine.
    >
    > @catwalker
    > yeah the usenet is cool like that, it enables anyone to be a dick
    > anonymously :)
    >
    > @ John R
    > I do appreciate your feedback. I'll admit that I was fairly pissed off
    > during my crusade to pass that exam, and even a little thereafter.
    >
    > "John R" wrote:

    Don't let our ... harrassment? ... discourage you from obtaining your goals,
    they are certainly worthy.
    And, I hope we continue to see you post and contribute to these forums as
    well. :)

    John R

    John R, Jun 28, 2007