    I am wondering whether this 4GB SD would work on Nikon D50 camera. And I
    am also seeking for advise on other reliable, high GB SD for my camera.
    TIA. Satoshi

    Satoshi, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Satoshi

    geabnc Guest

    For Nikon D50 owners interested in a compatible 4GB SD card I
    purchase a Tranncend 4GB 150x Card and it works fine.
    http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS4GSD150

    Be aware that it can only be formatted to FAT32 if you want to use 4GB.
    I tried to read it on my built-in HP PavilionZV5000 laptop card reader and
    it would
    not see it.

    With an external Radio Shack($20) reader had no problems with this card.
    This is not the Cards limitation just some reader/drivers cannot read FAT32.

    Also works fine with my GARMIN NUVI GPS in playing back music, pictures or
    video.

    I purchased one from Newegg.com for about $280 though I don't see it
    listed anymore.

    P.S.
    My Treo 650 (Palm OS) CellPhone and Sealife DC500 Underwater Camera
    will not recognize this 4GB(FAT32) card.
    I also have a couple of older 1GB SanDisk cards that work fine with all my
    peripherals (obviously older FAT16 format).

    --
    GForceNYC

    --
    GForceNYC

    geabnc, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Satoshi

    Craig Guest

    Hi,

    I am wondering how many jpg and Raw pictures could you take with the 4GB SD.

    Craig

    Craig, Apr 17, 2006
  4. Satoshi

    Randy Howard Guest

    Craig wrote
    (in article <e20mu2$n7k$>):

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wondering how many jpg and Raw pictures could you take with the 4GB SD.
    >
    > Craig

    I don't have a D50 and not sure if they store RAW in so-called
    "compressed" form or not, as the D70 does. But for reference, a
    4GB CF card in a D70 can hold about 700 images. Which should at
    least give you a good idea of where you'll wind up.

    I never shoot jpg, so I can't comment, but I suspect it's a
    whole lot more. More than you probably want on a single card
    anyway.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

    Randy Howard, Apr 17, 2006
  5. Satoshi

    geabnc Guest

    JPEG Small Basic = 12,200
    JPEG Small Normal = 7,300
    JPEG Small Fine = 4,000

    JPEG Medium Basic = 6,700
    JPEG Medium Normal = 3,600
    JPEG Medium Fine = 1,900

    JPEG Large Basic = 4,000
    JPEG Large Normal = 2,100
    JPEG Large Fine = 1,100

    RAW = 532
    RAW+Large Basic = 471

    --
    GForceNYC

    geabnc, Apr 18, 2006
  6. I'm sure you would know this if you already own a D50 - the manual recommend
    cards up to 1GB i. e. it is silent on anything bigger then 1 GB. However if
    you go to this site
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7905 , he does test
    it with A 2GB SD and it worked fine. What will a 4 GB shoot raw? _ i'll
    leave it for others, but way more then I'll ever need in one setting.
    "

    K. Lutes / D. Wheeler, Apr 18, 2006