    am only showing 3.2gb of ram and according to the documentation i can find
    this should olny accur on 32bit systems.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Dissposablehero, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Dissposablehero

    Theo Guest

    Some motherboards also have to have the memory mapped around
    the 'memory hole'. This setting is found in the BIOS if
    available. If you don't find it, then you may not be able
    to see all the memory.

    Theo, Feb 18, 2008

  3. I have a mobo that only shows me 3.5GB available for both XP x64 SP2 and
    Vista x64 SP1. It is the BIOS.

    "Dissposablehero" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 18, 2008
  4. My bios shows 4096mb present, but ill try updating the bios.

    Dissposablehero, Feb 18, 2008
  5. I'm not talking about the POST memory value. That always shows the
    installed ram. I'm talking about memory reserved by the BIOS for things
    like memory-mapped IO and is therefore not available to user programs.

    "Dissposablehero" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 18, 2008