    Any websites or mail-order? The ones I've seen lately are either sold out,
    or don't carry anything that "old".

    Thanks.

    Chris, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Chris

    Alex Devlin Guest

    On 12 Feb 2004, Chris wrote:

    > Looking for a 486DX2 50Mhz laptop, please.
    >
    > Any websites or mail-order? The ones I've seen lately are either sold
    > out, or don't carry anything that "old".
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try local computer shops/pawn shops and newspapers or Ebay.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    Good friends will bail you out of jail...
    ... True friends will be sitting there with you saying "Damn. That was
    fun!"

    Alex Devlin, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Chris

    colin Guest

    Chris <> wrote in message
    > Looking for a 486DX2 50Mhz laptop, please.
    >
    > Any websites or mail-order? The ones I've seen lately are either sold

    out,
    > or don't carry anything that "old".
    >
    > Thanks.

    Have a look at
    http://www.ebay.com/
    if nothing there, put in a wanted ad here, and any other ng`s applicable to
    your area.

    colin, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Looking for a 486DX2 50Mhz laptop, please.
    >
    > Any websites or mail-order? The ones I've seen lately are either sold

    out,
    > or don't carry anything that "old".

    Please no ebay. Sorry, just a principle thing.

    Chris, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Chris

    colin Guest

    Chris <> wrote in message

    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > > Looking for a 486DX2 50Mhz laptop, please.
    > >
    > > Any websites or mail-order? The ones I've seen lately are either sold

    > out,
    > > or don't carry anything that "old".

    > Please no ebay. Sorry, just a principle thing.

    Just a suggestion.

    colin, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Chris

    BillKirch Guest

    >Please no ebay. Sorry, just a principle thing.

    #################
    What does that mean? BG

    BillKirch, Feb 13, 2004
  7. Chris

    bmoag Guest

    I have a 33mhz 486 sitting in closet

    bmoag, Feb 13, 2004
  8. Chris

    colin Guest

    bmoag <> wrote in message
    > I have a 33mhz 486 sitting in closet

    Chris <>

    colin, Feb 13, 2004
  9. Chris

    msi Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Looking for a 486DX2 50Mhz laptop, please.
    >
    > Any websites or mail-order? The ones I've seen lately are either sold

    out,
    > or don't carry anything that "old".
    >
    > Thanks.

    why do you want such a low end pc?

    msi, Feb 13, 2004
  10. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "msi" <> wrote in message
    > why do you want such a low end pc?

    Mostly for nostalgic reasons. It was my first system.

    Chris, Feb 13, 2004
  11. Chris

    Rob-J Guest

    You want nostolgic, my first system was an 8088 with no hard drive, I then
    upgraded to a screaming 286 with an unheard of 6.5 MB drive!

    Back then it was windows... what the hell is windows?

    Rob-J, Feb 13, 2004
  12. Chris

    colin Guest

    Rob-J <> wrote in message
    > You want nostolgic, my first system was an 8088 with no hard drive, I then
    > upgraded to a screaming 286 with an unheard of 6.5 MB drive!
    >
    > Back then it was windows... what the hell is windows?

    What..no C64..deprived childhood.!?!

    colin, Feb 13, 2004
  13. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in message
    > What..no C64..deprived childhood.!?!

    I had a C64, a 64C, and an Amiga1200, all are still in a closet here
    somewhere.

    I must say, I liked the Amiga the best out of the 3. It worked very well.

    Chris, Feb 14, 2004
  14. Chris

    Shawn Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > >Please no ebay. Sorry, just a principle thing.
    > >

    > #################
    > What does that mean? BG

    I've never had experience with ebay before. Has anyone had some
    especially bad experiences with it?

    Shawn, Feb 14, 2004
  15. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Shawn" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I've never had experience with ebay before. Has anyone had some
    > especially bad experiences with it?

    Well....

    I've lost bids several times because I didn't have the time to be huddled
    near a pc to counter any last-minute bids. Those are one of the most
    annoying things to me, and even though there are "automated" bid services,
    it's best in my opinion to handle this yourself.

    The "maximum bid" is often not calculated by you properly, and sometimes
    your opposing bidders will just spout random bids in an attempt to beat that
    bid. I prefer to get something I actually want from somewhere I can just
    buy it.

    Plus, from personal experience, and just browsing eBay, there are alot of
    scams. Psychic cat readings from cats over 50 years old, "stratevarius"
    violins for $100, etc...
    Some of the scams aren't so easy to discover. I just find it easier not to
    do business with them.

    Chris, Feb 14, 2004
  16. "Chris" <> wrote in message

    > "Shawn" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > I've never had experience with ebay before. Has anyone had some
    > > especially bad experiences with it?

    > Well....
    >
    > I've lost bids several times because I didn't have the time to be huddled
    > near a pc to counter any last-minute bids. Those are one of the most
    > annoying things to me, and even though there are "automated" bid services,
    > it's best in my opinion to handle this yourself.
    >
    > The "maximum bid" is often not calculated by you properly, and sometimes
    > your opposing bidders will just spout random bids in an attempt to beat

    that
    > bid. I prefer to get something I actually want from somewhere I can just
    > buy it.
    >
    > Plus, from personal experience, and just browsing eBay, there are alot of
    > scams. Psychic cat readings from cats over 50 years old, "stratevarius"
    > violins for $100, etc...
    > Some of the scams aren't so easy to discover. I just find it easier not

    > do business with them.

    I've bought a few things on ebay and due to unemployment have started
    selling on ebay. I started out selling some old dishes my mother no longer
    wanted. Made more than enough to pay for my digital camera. Then found a
    good wholesaler to order name brand clothing from. It comes from bloomies
    or ma*cys brand new with the tags. Yes there are a lot of scams but if you
    look at the persons feedback and it's all good you can get some good deals.
    Big items I'd be afraid of but simple things are generally O.K. I got a 25
    foot ethernet cable for under $8 delivered to my door. Just check what the
    shipping and handling fees are. In the case of my cable it was .99 but the
    shipping fee was around $6.50. But in the office supply stores they were
    about $30.00. I always use a credit card when buying. But as a seller I
    accept paypal, money orders and personal checks, just wait for the check to
    clear before sending the item.

    happy ex

    happy ex tucker, Feb 14, 2004
  17. Chris

    Chris Guest

    No thanks. I won't trust ebay ever again.

    All the good can't make up for what happens when it's bad.

    Chris, Feb 15, 2004