46 top FREE utils

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Sutton, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Craig Sutton, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Craig Sutton

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > Well worth a play here.
    > http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm

    Thanks for that Craig, bookmarked for later perusal. Had a quick look and
    agree with all the categories I'm mainly interested in. Should be handy for
    if I need something from a different category.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 10, 2005

  3. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    > > Well worth a play here.
    > > http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm

    > Thanks for that Craig, bookmarked for later perusal. Had a quick look and
    > agree with all the categories I'm mainly interested in. Should be handy

    for
    > if I need something from a different category.

    Might make for an excellent tools disk?
    Craig Sutton, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Craig Sutton

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <dneba9$6qp$>, Craig Sutton wrote:
    > Well worth a play here.
    > http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm

    Thanks for that Craig,

    The only issue I have is that a large proportion of the tools seems
    to be things like spyware removal, virus protection, popup blocker
    etc, in other words just tools to stop the scum out there rather
    than things that might make our lives better.

    On reflection I would probably put togeather a similar list.
    It just annoys me that so much time/energy has gone into fighting
    scumbags.
    ChrisOD, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Craig Sutton

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:36:16 +1300, ChrisOD <>
    wrote:

    >In article <dneba9$6qp$>, Craig Sutton wrote:
    >> Well worth a play here.
    >> http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm
    >>

    >Thanks for that Craig,
    >
    >The only issue I have is that a large proportion of the tools seems
    >to be things like spyware removal, virus protection, popup blocker
    >etc, in other words just tools to stop the scum out there rather
    >than things that might make our lives better.

    There is a list of 36 of the most popular apps, and it doesn't have any of the
    spyware removal etc. Of course you shouldn't be accessing any of the content on
    the site as it's not freeware. Just type FOSI into the Firefox address bar.
    The page has been on the net since 1997 - dunno how he manages to keep it up.
    Craig Shore, Dec 11, 2005