    26, i've tried changing the POP3 server and SMTP server addresses, and that
    only made things WORSE.

    Anyone?

    mistuh, Apr 30, 2005

  2. mistuh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:31:07 GMT, "mistuh" <> wrote:

    >Hey. I don't quite know if i can explain this coherently, but i'll give it
    >a shot:
    >
    >I use the McAfee Virus scan in conjunction with OE; it scans outbound
    >emails...it usually comes on as soon as i hit "send". But -lately- i keep
    >getting that numbered error message (see subject line), telling me to
    >consult with the online help of my email program. I put those numbers into
    >Google and out comes all SORTS of things, but NOTHING that succinctly tells
    >me how to eliminate this problem!
    >
    >In the accounts section, I've tried changing port numbers in OE from 25 to
    >26, i've tried changing the POP3 server and SMTP server addresses, and that
    >only made things WORSE.
    >
    >Anyone?

    Disable outbound e-mail scanning. What's the point anyway?

    Evan Platt, Apr 30, 2005

  3. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:31:07 GMT, "mistuh" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey. I don't quite know if i can explain this coherently, but i'll
    >> give it a shot:
    >>
    >> I use the McAfee Virus scan in conjunction with OE; it scans
    >> outbound emails...it usually comes on as soon as i hit "send". But
    >> -lately- i keep getting that numbered error message (see subject
    >> line), telling me to consult with the online help of my email
    >> program. I put those numbers into Google and out comes all SORTS of
    >> things, but NOTHING that succinctly tells me how to eliminate this
    >> problem!
    >>
    >> In the accounts section, I've tried changing port numbers in OE from
    >> 25 to 26, i've tried changing the POP3 server and SMTP server
    >> addresses, and that only made things WORSE.
    >>
    >> Anyone?

    > Disable outbound e-mail scanning. What's the point anyway?

    Yes, i've done that....it's the only "solution" i can come up with, too.
    Thanks.

    mistuh, Apr 30, 2005
  4. mistuh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:46:49 GMT, "mistuh" <> wrote:

    >Yes, i've done that....it's the only "solution" i can come up with, too.
    >Thanks.

    There's no real sense in enabling it anyway. I mean if someone doesn't
    scan incoming mail, they deserve what they get. And if you send an
    e-mail, your virus scanner MAY add a line "Outgoing e-mail checked for
    virus and found clean" or something. Uhhh yeah, like that makes me
    feel safer. I've received a few spam virii with that in the body, and
    a .SCR attachment. Something with Brittany Spears nude or something.

    Evan Platt, May 1, 2005
  5. mistuh

    Plato Guest

    Plato, May 1, 2005