    Thx
    KenZ
    , Feb 20, 2007

  2. did you enter "ip routing" ?

    Martin Bilgrav, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Feb 20, 3:28 pm, wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I just started the above listed switch and cannot access the setup
    > command. The switch starts to switch> the goes to EN but I cannot add
    > ip address to interfaces etc. Any help?
    >
    > Thx
    > KenZ

    Are you trying to assign the ip address to the interface acting as
    switchport? You can assign ip address on a routed port or interface
    vlan. To convert a switchport to a routed port, enter "no switchport"
    on the interface that you want to assign ip address. After then, you
    can assign the ip address to the interface.

    pshan
    , Feb 22, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Feb 21, 11:49 pm, wrote:
    > On Feb 20, 3:28 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings,

    > > I just started the above listed switch and cannot access the setup
    > > command. The switch starts to switch> the goes to EN but I cannot add
    > > ip address to interfaces etc. Any help?

    > > Thx
    > > KenZ

    > Are you trying to assign the ip address to the interface acting as
    > switchport? You can assign ip address on a routed port or interface
    > vlan. To convert a switchport to a routed port, enter "no switchport"
    > on the interface that you want to assign ip address. After then, you
    > can assign the ip address to the interface.
    >
    > pshan

    That did it!

    Thx
    , Feb 22, 2007