    augment light, so any ponters would be great. the images are roughly
    30'X40", so i'm going to shoot them with the lens as normal as possible.

    i was thnking about standing them straight up outside, in the shade.
    joe mama, Jun 30, 2006

  2. joe mama

    tomm42 Guest

    joe mama wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i need to shoot a friend of a friend's artwork this weekend, and i'm
    > wondering if digital would work. i have two studio strobes i can use to
    > augment light, so any ponters would be great. the images are roughly
    > 30'X40", so i'm going to shoot them with the lens as normal as possible.
    >
    > i was thnking about standing them straight up outside, in the shade.

    Joe,
    Using shade is not a bad idea, especially if it is even. I wouldn't do
    this with film though. The best way is with studio lights, strobe or
    tungsten, with polarizers, and of course a polarizer on the camera.
    Rectalinear alignment to your camera is the biggest challenge, make
    sure the painting is centered on your camera and the camera is square
    on the painting vertical anges can be handled with a bubble angle
    finder from the hardware store. Best to use a macro lens (50-60mm)
    zooms always have some distortion. Oh yes a tripod is a necessity.

    Tom
    tomm42, Jun 30, 2006