    I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
    accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.
    --
    11/11/2010 10:30:05 AM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010

  2. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:00:58 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:34:19 -0600, Old Gringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    >>client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
    >>I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
    >>accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    > Like this?
    >
    > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t697558-how-do-you-setup-filters-in-40tude-dialog.html

    Lots of ambiguous rambling there with some good information, but no
    solution for what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks anyway.
    --
    11/11/2010 11:07:57 AM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010

  3. Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    > client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

    The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".

    > What I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude
    > to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject line?
    The poster's From name or address?

    Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it. A
    few details from you will help.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  4. Old Gringo38

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:34:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    > client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
    > I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
    > accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    Are you speaking of the killfile actions?
    Simple. Right click on the person you want to block.
    From the menu list, select "scoring and actions".
    Click "Add plonk rule".
    In the new window that opens up you will something like:
    !markread From "Evan Platt". The ! and quotes are necessary.
    Note that the group name has been added for you.

    You chan change markread to delete if you'd prefer not seeing the message
    at all.

    Take a look at the samples section in the scoring and actions window for
    further help.

    richard, Nov 11, 2010
  5. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:04:52 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    >> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

    > The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".
    >
    >> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude
    >> to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    > What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject line?
    > The poster's From name or address?
    >
    > Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it. A
    > few details from you will help.

    Nick name in subj: line.; I am looking at the score file but not
    finding what I want to do.
    --
    11/11/2010 12:12:30 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010
  6. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:04:52 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    >> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

    > The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".
    >
    >> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude
    >> to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    > What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject line?
    > The poster's From name or address?
    >
    > Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it. A
    > few details from you will help.

    I figured it out, thanks for the help.
    --
    11/11/2010 12:18:21 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010
  7. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:13:51 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:34:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    >> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
    >> I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
    >> accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    > Are you speaking of the killfile actions?
    > Simple. Right click on the person you want to block.
    > From the menu list, select "scoring and actions".
    > Click "Add plonk rule".
    > In the new window that opens up you will something like:
    > !markread From "Evan Platt". The ! and quotes are necessary.
    > Note that the group name has been added for you.
    >
    > You chan change markread to delete if you'd prefer not seeing the message
    > at all.
    >
    > Take a look at the samples section in the scoring and actions window for
    > further help.

    Thanks richard, I just figured it all out, # required. :)
    --
    11/11/2010 12:19:37 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010
  8. Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >>> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
    >>> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

    >> The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".
    >>
    >>> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in
    >>> 40tude to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

    >> What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject
    >> line? The poster's From name or address?
    >>
    >> Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it.
    >> A few details from you will help.

    > Nick name in subj: line.; I am looking at the score file but not
    > finding what I want to do.

    Nickname? Like his nym? That is most likely *not* in the Subject line.
    It's in the From.

    [*] # The asterisk applies to all groups
    !markread From "The Nickname"

    If you don't want to see any followups/replies to this Nickname, use:
    !markread,ignore From "The Nickname"

    It's very easy.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  9. RtS wrote:

    > In the new window that opens up you will [what?] something like:
    > !markread From "Evan Platt". The ! and quotes are necessary.

    The quotes are not necessary.

    !markread From richard <>
    will work just fine. Yes, the [add a plonk rule] does include quotes by
    default, but you don't need them.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  10. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:30:17 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".

    >>> What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject
    >>> line? The poster's From name or address?
    >>>
    >>> Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it.
    >>> A few details from you will help.

    >> Nick name in subj: line.; I am looking at the score file but not
    >> finding what I want to do.

    > Nickname? Like his nym? That is most likely *not* in the Subject line.
    > It's in the From.
    >
    > [*] # The asterisk applies to all groups
    > !markread From "The Nickname"
    >
    > If you don't want to see any followups/replies to this Nickname, use:
    > !markread,ignore From "The Nickname"
    >
    > It's very easy.

    Thanks problem solved.
    --
    11/11/2010 12:55:02 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010
  11. Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > I just figured it all out, # required. :)

    So you wrote a comment and forgot to mark it as such. :)
    It's a good habit to use/click the "Test expressions" at the top of the
    window after you've added or edited an action.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  12. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:12:14 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I just figured it all out, # required. :)

    > So you wrote a comment and forgot to mark it as such. :)
    > It's a good habit to use/click the "Test expressions" at the top of the
    > window after you've added or edited an action.

    I'm getting there slow but sure. I sure thank you and others here
    for all the information, saves me a bundle on Computer classes. :)
    --
    11/11/2010 1:29:22 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010
  13. Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >>> I just figured it all out, # required. :)

    >> So you wrote a comment and forgot to mark it as such. :) It's a
    >> good habit to use/click the "Test expressions" at the top of the
    >> window after you've added or edited an action.

    > I'm getting there slow but sure. I sure thank you and others here
    > for all the information, saves me a bundle on Computer classes. :)

    YW. Another thing you could do is tell your anti-virus program to stop
    scanning your news posts. It's not necessary, not even for email -
    Inbound or Outbound.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  14. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:36:44 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> So you wrote a comment and forgot to mark it as such. :) It's a
    >>> good habit to use/click the "Test expressions" at the top of the
    >>> window after you've added or edited an action.

    >> I'm getting there slow but sure. I sure thank you and others here
    >> for all the information, saves me a bundle on Computer classes. :)

    > YW. Another thing you could do is tell your anti-virus program to stop
    > scanning your news posts. It's not necessary, not even for email -
    > Inbound or Outbound.

    OK Did that do it?
    --
    11/11/2010 1:49:04 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010
  15. Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> YW. Another thing you could do is tell your anti-virus program to
    >> stop scanning your news posts. It's not necessary, not even for
    >> email - Inbound or Outbound.

    >>> 11/11/2010), Outbound message

    > OK Did that do it?

    It appears to have done so, sir. Biscuit!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  16. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:00:02 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> YW. Another thing you could do is tell your anti-virus program to
    >>> stop scanning your news posts. It's not necessary, not even for
    >>> email - Inbound or Outbound.

    >> OK Did that do it?

    > It appears to have done so, sir. Biscuit!

    Have a good day, and thanks again for the help,
    --
    11/11/2010 5:17:14 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Nov 11, 2010