    Don't open a page of internet and it say "
    405 Method Not Allowed"
    What is it?In firefox

    ô_ô, May 18, 2007

  2. ô_ô wrote:
    > Don't open a page of internet and it say "
    > 405 Method Not Allowed"
    > What is it?In firefox

    http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E405.html

    All Web servers can be configured to allow or disallow any method.
    For example if a Web server is 'read-only' (no client can modify URL
    resources on the Web server), then it could be set up to disallow the
    PUT and DELETE methods. Similarly if there is no user input (all the Web
    pages are static), then the POST method could be disallowed. So 405
    errors can arise because the Web server is not configured to take data
    from the client at all. They can also arise if the client does not have
    sufficient authority to the particular URL resource identified on the
    request.

    So without the url of the site to check it is difficult to adjudge why
    the specific failure

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 18, 2007

  3. ô_ô

    ô_ô Guest

    for example...
    i'm in flickr.com with a username, i exit with sign out, i would like to
    entry with another user and ....the page give me this 405 Method Not Allowed

    ô_ô, May 18, 2007
  4. ô_ô

    Canopus Guest

    _ scribed:

    >for example...
    >i'm in flickr.com with a username, i exit with sign out, i would like to
    >entry with another user and ....the page give me this 405 Method Not
    >Allowed

    It shouldn't be doing that, many users have more than one account and
    different users should easily access Flickr from the same PC. Try taking
    it up in the Flickr Help forum.

    --
    Rob

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/

    Canopus, May 19, 2007
  5. ô_ô

    ô_ô Guest

    flickr site is an example...

    ô_ô, May 20, 2007
  6. ô_ô wrote:
    > flickr site is an example...

    an example of what? By such extensive editing, removing ALL references
    you have made your post meaningless.
    You may know the problem, it is after all, your problem, but others
    don't. Please leave enough in the replies so a person can figure out
    what the heck is going on.

    And please don't say "reading the previous message is easy". I peruse
    dozens of newsgroups, anywhere from 100 to 1500 messages a day. I simply
    don't have the time to go back and re-read 200 to 3000 messages per day
    simply because you like to snip out everything.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 22, 2007
  7. ô_ô

    ô_ô Guest

    What you are saying? I have only asked an aid. If it is not a your problem,
    he does not interest at me. If you want, you can give me an answer,
    otherwise if you remain in silence you seem more intelligent.

    ô_ô, May 22, 2007
  8. ô_ô wrote:
    > What you are saying? I have only asked an aid. If it is not a your problem,
    > he does not interest at me. If you want, you can give me an answer,
    > otherwise if you remain in silence you seem more intelligent.

    I am saying please include SOME reference to the problem when you reply!

    Read your posts it says

    flickr site is an example

    that's ALL it says! What is it an example of? Where is the other
    information needed to make sense of your question? You should quote it
    in the post.

    If someone you don't know walks up to you and says "The pie is in the
    oven" - would you be able to figure out what he is talking about? You
    need more context to put the statement in. Whose pie, what oven for example.

    With your posts, because you are NOT quoting previous messages, there is
    no context, your posts are meaningless.

    How can I assist you with a problem when you don't tell me what it is?
    I read several dozen newsgroups a day, anywhere from 100 to 1500 posts
    daily - asking me to remember your specific problem from day to day is
    rather egocentric, why would I remember YOUR specific problem and not
    the other hundred to a thousand I read?
    Expecting me to read previous a previous post or posts is ridiculous. I
    dont have the time to re-read 200 to 3000 messages in a day.

    Quote at least SOME of the previous message so a reader has some context
    to which your message applies. You would get better assistance that way.

    Expecting someone to drop what they are doing and re-read 1 to dozens of
    Most helpers will go on, ignoring you, and look for a questin where they
    don't have to 'work' to get the information.

    If you are not willing to quote previous information then don't complain
    when you don't get any help

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 23, 2007
  9. ô_ô

    Canopus Guest

    _ scribed:

    >What you are saying? I have only asked an aid. If it is not a your
    >problem, he does not interest at me. If you want, you can give me an
    >answer, otherwise if you remain in silence you seem more intelligent.

    I wouldn't get wound up over it if I was you, Moz tends to be an absolute
    purist when it comes to newsgroups and can go over the top with anyone who
    slightly deviates from his concept of newsgroup perfection. He can
    contribute quite intelligently to threads though as he did earlier in this
    one.

    Canopus, May 25, 2007