404 ripoff refined

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by bonspiel@orcon.net.nz, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Guest

    , Mar 1, 2004

  2. Invisible Guest

    On 29 Feb 2004 18:05:26 -0800, wrote:

    >Minor adjustment, seems to do the trick: http://premiercars.co.nz/
    >Cheers

    It's designed by some wannabe with a spiffy free Orcon website, LOL!
    http://novatech.orcon.net.nz/. Gotta love those web designers who don't even
    have their own domain name ;-)
    Invisible, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Max Guest

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:43:16 +1300, Invisible <>
    wrote:

    >On 29 Feb 2004 18:05:26 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>Minor adjustment, seems to do the trick: http://premiercars.co.nz/
    >>Cheers

    >It's designed by some wannabe with a spiffy free Orcon website, LOL!
    >http://novatech.orcon.net.nz/. Gotta love those web designers who don't even
    >have their own domain name ;-)

    Gotta love their site, I wonder if they get many enquiries :)

    THE WEB WORKSHOP

    We build websites
    Max, Mar 1, 2004
  4. wrote:
    > Minor adjustment, seems to do the trick: http://premiercars.co.nz/
    > Cheers

    And yet the assholes still steal bandwidth...
    "name="movie" value="http://www.infordigital.com/404.swf">"

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Max wrote:
    >>It's designed by some wannabe with a spiffy free Orcon website, LOL!
    >>http://novatech.orcon.net.nz/. Gotta love those web designers who don't even
    >>have their own domain name ;-)

    > Gotta love their site, I wonder if they get many enquiries :)

    I recognise the name... Im sure he hangs out in here.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 1, 2004
  6. AD. Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:42:53 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Minor adjustment, seems to do the trick: http://premiercars.co.nz/
    >> Cheers

    > And yet the assholes still steal bandwidth... "name="movie"
    > value="http://www.infordigital.com/404.swf">"

    If it offends you that much, tell infordigital, and they can block the
    appropriate referrer or IP etc :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Mar 1, 2004
  7. AD. wrote:
    > If it offends you that much, tell infordigital, and they can block the
    > appropriate referrer or IP etc :)

    no need to... two of my work mates did that the other day.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 1, 2004
  8. Right, I'd just like to interject that Novatech Systems here in
    Dunedin has _nothing_ to do with this, they guy who put this up used
    to run a shonky web design outfit here in Dunedin called 'Welcome to
    Dunedin' ... and he paid poorly and ripped a lot of people off IMHO.

    I'd love to get a hold of the guy if at all possible, went by the name
    Neil Foord.

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:46:40 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >AD. wrote:
    >> If it offends you that much, tell infordigital, and they can block the
    >> appropriate referrer or IP etc :)

    >no need to... two of my work mates did that the other day.

    ---
    Warren Clark

    If you cant parse my email address chances are I don't want to hear
    from you.
    Warren Clark [Beerkiller], Mar 2, 2004
  9. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > I recognise the name... Im sure he hangs out in here.

    nope, Im wrong(again)... differing Novatech's...

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004
  10. Warren Clark Guest

    After a little hunting around i've discovered something interesting,
    check out the OP's email address, then http:// <hisname>.orcon.net.nz
    ... then check the meta headers on the novatech.orcon.net.nz and
    premier cars site.

    I have been lurking in this group for a hell of a long time, waiting
    to say something usefull before someone else did - it's sad that it
    had to be this.

    Warren Clark, Mar 2, 2004
  11. Warren Clark wrote:

    > After a little hunting around i've discovered something interesting,
    > check out the OP's email address, then http:// <hisname>.orcon.net.nz
    > .. then check the meta headers on the novatech.orcon.net.nz and
    > premier cars site.
    >
    > I have been lurking in this group for a hell of a long time, waiting
    > to say something usefull before someone else did - it's sad that it
    > had to be this.

    Other than the three site being ugly, bland, and having pretty simple
    html, I don't see what you mean.

    They were all made by "The Web Workshop" using Mozilla Composer 4.8 on a
    windows box...

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004
  12. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> I have been lurking in this group for a hell of a long time, waiting
    >> to say something usefull before someone else did - it's sad that it
    >> had to be this.

    > Other than the three site being ugly, bland, and having pretty simple
    > html, I don't see what you mean.
    > They were all made by "The Web Workshop" using Mozilla Composer 4.8 on a
    > windows box...

    Link Farming to drive goolge results?

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004
  13. Warren Clark Guest

    ummm. the point i was trying to make was that the OP complaining about
    the 404 ripoff was the creator of the site he was winging about.

    admittedly the "<meta name="Author" content="The Web Workshop">" isn't
    what I would call conclusive evidence, but given the content of that
    premier cars site referenced upthread It's either monumetal stupidity
    or a conspracy.

    Guess which is more likely.

    Warren Clark, Mar 2, 2004