    control policy

    I could ping from webpages from client computers without any problem.

    Can someone pls. tell me how to solve this issue. Thanks,
    Marvs, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Marvs

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:58:20 -0800 (PST), Marvs wrote:

    >Hi hope someone could help me. We've changed ISP and upgraded our DSL

    Are you kidding?

    >line from 512kbps to 2mbps, our new ISP gave us a username and
    >password then I changed the account information on our Speedtouch 546
    >router. Now I could surf the internet only when I'm connected to the
    >router directly. My problem now is the computer clients connected to

    Sounds like most ISP setups, 1 connection, 1 modem and / or router 1
    connection.

    You either get a static IP address allowing 1 PC, some offer more
    addresses , others use DHCP for automatic addressing.

    >my network could not browse the internet, server which gives them an

    So how is the network connected to the router?

    How did it work before?

    Generally a router has 4 ports to connect clients, if the router has
    only 1 LAN port you need a switch with enough ports for the number of
    clients + link to router.

    >error:
    >Forbidden you were denied access because: Access denied by access
    >control policy

    You don't get a 403 without getting a failed connection to the outside /
    some device between the PC and destination. If the connection is down
    it's more likely a page not found / timeout error.

    Firewall software on PC isn't configured for new ISP info.

    Browser proxy settings are the old ISP which doesn't allow connection
    from new ISP.

    Router content filtering needs checked.

    The error page should have contact info / source name of what's
    reporting the problem. You will be surprised by how many don't

    >I could ping from webpages from client computers without any problem.

    You don't ping webpages, you ping the servers.

    >Can someone pls. tell me how to solve this issue. Thanks,

    No.

    HTTP 1.1 messages
    10.4.4 403 Forbidden
    The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
    Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If
    the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why
    the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for
    the refusal in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this
    information available to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can
    be used instead.

    Me
    why?, Dec 13, 2007

  3. Marvs

    Marvs Guest

    On Dec 13, 9:05 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:58:20 -0800 (PST), Marvs wrote:
    > >Hi hope someone could help me. We've changed ISP and upgraded our DSL

    > Are you kidding?

    im sorry, what do you mean? dsl line speed was upgraded as well as the
    isp

    > >line from 512kbps to 2mbps, our new ISP gave us a username and
    > >password then I changed the account information on our Speedtouch 546
    > >router. Now I could surf the internet only when I'm connected to the
    > >router directly. My problem now is the computer clients connected to

    > Sounds like most ISP setups, 1 connection, 1 modem and / or router 1
    > connection.
    >
    > You either get a static IP address allowing 1 PC, some offer more
    > addresses , others use DHCP for automatic addressing.

    problem i'm facing is isp could not give me ip's

    > >my network could not browse the internet, server which gives them an

    > So how is the network connected to the router?
    >
    > How did it work before?
    >
    > Generally a router has 4 ports to connect clients, if the router has
    > only 1 LAN port you need a switch with enough ports for the number of
    > clients + link to router.

    network is connected to router via switch, the isa has 2 nic which is
    then connected to the router, only thing connected to the router
    before is the isa, it's been working before with that connection

    > >error:
    > >Forbidden you were denied access because: Access denied by access
    > >control policy

    > You don't get a 403 without getting a failed connection to the outside /
    > some device between the PC and destination. If the connection is down
    > it's more likely a page not found / timeout error.
    >
    > Firewall software on PC isn't configured for new ISP info.
    >
    > Browser proxy settings are the old ISP which doesn't allow connection
    > from new ISP.
    >
    > Router content filtering needs checked.
    >
    > The error page should have contact info / source name of what's
    > reporting the problem. You will be surprised by how many don't

    i guess you're right

    > >I could ping from webpages from client computers without any problem.

    > You don't ping webpages, you ping the servers.

    thanks dude for the correction, atleast you get the idea it's pingable

    > >Can someone pls. tell me how to solve this issue. Thanks,

    > No.

    maybe somebody else can...

    > HTTP 1.1 messageshttp://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
    > 10.4.4 403 Forbidden
    > The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
    > Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If
    > the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why
    > the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for
    > the refusal in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this
    > information available to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can
    > be used instead.
    >
    > Me

    thanks anyway
    Marvs, Dec 16, 2007
  4. Marvs

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:15:14 -0800 (PST), Marvs wrote:

    >On Dec 13, 9:05 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:58:20 -0800 (PST), Marvs wrote:
    >> >Hi hope someone could help me. We've changed ISP and upgraded our DSL

    >> Are you kidding?

    >im sorry, what do you mean? dsl line speed was upgraded as well as the
    >isp

    Some setting perhaps on your PCs / router, is your old ISP and your new
    ISP isn't allowed to connect via that route.

    >> >line from 512kbps to 2mbps, our new ISP gave us a username and
    >> >password then I changed the account information on our Speedtouch 546
    >> >router. Now I could surf the internet only when I'm connected to the
    >> >router directly. My problem now is the computer clients connected to

    >> Sounds like most ISP setups, 1 connection, 1 modem and / or router 1
    >> connection.

    <snip>

    >network is connected to router via switch, the isa has 2 nic which is

    ISA?
    As in http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/default.mspx

    >then connected to the router, only thing connected to the router
    >before is the isa, it's been working before with that connection

    Without the ISA in this case?

    >> >error:
    >> >Forbidden you were denied access because: Access denied by access
    >> >control policy

    If it's ISA, what about configuring that for the new ISP?

    If it's not the IAS above, what ISA is it?

    >> Firewall software on PC isn't configured for new ISP info.
    >>
    >> Browser proxy settings are the old ISP which doesn't allow connection
    >> from new ISP.
    >>
    >> Router content filtering needs checked.

    None of the above?

    >> The error page should have contact info / source name of what's
    >> reporting the problem. You will be surprised by how many don't

    >i guess you're right
    >

    >> >I could ping from webpages from client computers without any problem.

    >> You don't ping webpages, you ping the servers.

    >thanks dude for the correction, atleast you get the idea it's pingable

    Ah but as a ping isn't a webpage test the results don't mean anything.
    The server & TCP/IP can be fine but an application (software) i.e.
    webserver may have issues.

    You don't say if it's a browser generic error page or a URL in the
    address bar of the server generating the error.

    You could try a packet trace capture.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartsniff.html
    doesn't need installed, standalone exe.

    If it's not the browser, then search the captured data for the 403 text
    string then you will have the source IP.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Dec 16, 2007