    400 MHZ FSB? What are the issues involved?

    Thanks for your advice.

    ClueLess

    ClueLess, Jul 12, 2006

  2. ClueLess

    mdp Guest

    ClueLess wrote:
    > I have a slightly older 845GL motherboard with a Celeron 2K 478 Pin
    > 400 MHZ FSB. The CPU went kaput and I am able to get only a 533 MHZ
    > FSB beast.
    >
    > Question is, can I use this CPU in the above motherboard that has only
    > 400 MHZ FSB? What are the issues involved?
    >
    > Thanks for your advice.
    >
    > ClueLess

    You may simply get a speed reduction of 25%. To know for sure, what
    motherboard?
    mdp, Jul 12, 2006

  3. ClueLess

    ClueLess Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:14:51 GMT, "mdp" <>
    wrote:

    >> I have a slightly older 845GL motherboard with a Celeron 2K 478 Pin
    >> 400 MHZ FSB. The CPU went kaput and I am able to get only a 533 MHZ
    >> FSB beast.
    >>
    >> Question is, can I use this CPU in the above motherboard that has only
    >> 400 MHZ FSB? What are the issues involved?

    >You may simply get a speed reduction of 25%. To know for sure, what
    >motherboard?

    Thanks for your input.

    Mercury (Kobian) 845GLM/L mobo

    ClueLess

    ClueLess, Jul 12, 2006
  4. ClueLess

    mdp Guest

    ClueLess wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:14:51 GMT, "mdp" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>> I have a slightly older 845GL motherboard with a Celeron 2K 478 Pin
    >>> 400 MHZ FSB. The CPU went kaput and I am able to get only a 533 MHZ
    >>> FSB beast.
    >>>
    >>> Question is, can I use this CPU in the above motherboard that has
    >>> only 400 MHZ FSB? What are the issues involved?

    >> You may simply get a speed reduction of 25%. To know for sure, what
    >> motherboard?

    > Thanks for your input.
    >
    > Mercury (Kobian) 845GLM/L mobo
    >
    > ClueLess

    That board cross-references to an MSI board. From their website:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=412&kind=1
    mdp, Jul 12, 2006
  5. ClueLess

    ClueLess Guest