    Regards,
    Matt Clara
    www.mattclara.com
    Matt Clara, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Matt Clara wrote:
    > Any ideas which one(s) would be best for such an application?

    (indoor sporting events)

    Seems you would want a good zoom, and image stabilization (for low
    light). Look at the Canon S2 IS (my favourite), Sony DSC H1, and
    Panasonic FZ5. All with 12x zooms, IS, and toward the top end of your
    price range...

    /S
    Scarlet Pimpernel, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Matt Clara

    devilgas Guest

    "Matt Clara" <> wrote in message
    > Any ideas which one(s) would be best for such an application?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Matt Clara
    > www.mattclara.com

    'fraid not, however you need something with a fast lens (that'll be the f
    value and you're looking at f2.8 or lower) and fast focussing. IS isn't that
    much of a consideration unless you're shooting sports that don't move.
    you'll also need something that has adjustable iso settings and isn't overly
    noisy at the higher settings.
    no idea what's out there in your price range, if anything.
    devilgas, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Matt Clara

    Rodrigo C. Guest

    but those cameras are very noisy at high ISO setting (like 400)
    may be you should take a look to the new generation of Fuji, the S5200 (also
    called 5600) for example, there you have ISO1600 with very low noise (almos
    like a DSLR) and a 10x zoom. for sporting events, Image Stabilization wont
    be very helpful.

    if you want or need more megapixels or more control you have the Fuji S9000,
    but it cost more, about US 650.

    the S5200 is about US 360, consider buying more memory, batteries, etc, and
    you are in the budget.

    Rodrigo C., Oct 20, 2005