    The actual date of the event was July 20 1969.
    The same year I graduated from high school and of "Woodstock".

    1969. The class of sex, drugs, rock and roll, and the man on the moon.
    richard, Jul 11, 2009

  2. richard

    John Holmes Guest

    philo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > the man on the moon.

    Yep, and now he's gone. No more moonwalking. I don't care anyway...

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Jul 11, 2009

  3. On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:51:41 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >"That's one small step......."
    >
    >As the world watched on tv, Neil Armstrong made a most dramatic entry
    >onto the lunar landscape.
    >
    >The actual date of the event was July 20 1969.
    >The same year I graduated from high school and of "Woodstock".
    >

    >1969. The class of sex, drugs, rock and roll, and the man on the moon.

    It was a great time. I had sex, drugs, rock and roll but never got to
    the moon.

    Steve
    Stephen Wolstenholme, Jul 11, 2009
  4. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:35:33 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:51:41 -0500, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>"That's one small step......."
    >>
    >>As the world watched on tv, Neil Armstrong made a most dramatic entry
    >>onto the lunar landscape.
    >>
    >>The actual date of the event was July 20 1969. The same year I graduated
    >>from high school and of "Woodstock".
    >>

    >>1969. The class of sex, drugs, rock and roll, and the man on the moon.

    > It was a great time. I had sex, drugs, rock and roll but never got to
    > the moon.

    In that case, the drugs didn't work :)

    Aardvark, Jul 11, 2009
  5. richard

    olfart Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message

    > I got tested that fall. Did not get drafted because of my high number.
    > I enlisted into the Army because they made me a juicy offer. Due to
    > unfortunate circumstances and bad luck, I could not complete basic
    > training so I was more or less forced out. ...........

    he wanted to play "drop the soap" in the shower

    If I had stayed in, I would

    olfart, Jul 11, 2009
  6. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > "That's one small step......."
    >
    > As the world watched on tv, Neil Armstrong made a most dramatic entry
    > onto the lunar landscape.

    Also the year of the *real* yellow submarine who lost all publicity to
    this pointless example of cold war bravado. Anyways, I remember watching
    it in class, back when such things were on every channel and CNN didn't
    exist to make a 5 second snipet that told you jack squat.

    > 1969. The class of sex, drugs, rock and roll, and the man on the moon.

    No, that last was later - after Taxi went off the air <g>.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 11, 2009
  7. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:17:38 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Also the year of the *real* yellow submarine

    You mean this one?

    <http://snipurl.com/ms99d>
    Aardvark, Jul 11, 2009
  8. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:17:38 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Also the year of the *real* yellow submarine

    > You mean this one?
    >
    > <http://snipurl.com/ms99d>

    That's related to the Japanese company of that name perhaps?

    Nope. The *real* *working* yellow submarine. The Ben Franklin. Real bit of
    obscure trivia that nobody ever seems to get for the aforementioned
    reasons. Even finding it on wiki was tough.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Franklin_(PX-15)

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 11, 2009
  9. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:54:47 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:17:38 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Also the year of the *real* yellow submarine

    >> You mean this one?
    >>
    >> <http://snipurl.com/ms99d>
    >>

    > That's related to the Japanese company of that name perhaps?

    Nope.

    Until a year or so ago it was a famous Liverpool landmark, like the
    lambanana (google is your friend) outside the Baltic Fleet opposite Albert
    dock. Now there are numerous lambananasall over the city.

    Aardvark, Jul 11, 2009
  10. richard

    pacca Guest

    Well on Dec.7 1941 I was 8yrs old,went to a movie,got out there was "kid
    yelling Extra extra read all about,Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor" few years
    latter my Brother was killed at Omaha Beach.Thats what I remember,The
    Greatest Generation !

    pacca, Jul 11, 2009
  11. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:58:03 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >I got tested that fall. Did not get drafted because of my high number.
    >I enlisted into the Army because they made me a juicy offer. Due to
    >unfortunate circumstances and bad luck,

    Flunked the IQ test?

    >I could not complete basic training so I was more or less forced out. If I had stayed in, I would
    >have been in college for 4 years and been in on the ground floor of
    >the modern computer age.
    >
    >No you idiots, I was not in special forces nor was I a super sekret
    >spy. Those lies were perpetrated by AUK's number one asshole, "Just
    >Taylor".

    Believe me, there's no one here who thinks you're anything near a spy
    or special forces.

    Shortbus Special Forces, maybe.
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2009
  12. richard

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:24:19 -0500, "pacca" <> wrote:

    >Well on Dec.7 1941 I was 8yrs old,went to a movie,got out there was "kid
    >yelling Extra extra read all about,Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor" few years
    >latter my Brother was killed at Omaha Beach.Thats what I remember,The
    >Greatest Generation !
    >"Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:54:47 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aardvark <> wrote in

    >>> That's related to the Japanese company of that name perhaps?

    >> Nope.
    >>
    >> Until a year or so ago it was a famous Liverpool landmark, like the
    >> lambanana (google is your friend) outside the Baltic Fleet opposite Albert
    >> dock. Now there are numerous lambananasall over the city.
    >>

    >> --

    Happy 75th whenever it was. All the best to you, old man. I am a bit
    of 9 years your younger but still going strong.
    joevan, Jul 12, 2009
  13. Evan Platt wrote:

    > richard <> wrote:
    >> I got tested that fall. Did not get drafted because of my high
    >> number. I enlisted into the Army because they made me a juicy offer.
    >> Due to unfortunate circumstances and bad luck, I could not complete
    >> basic training so I was more or less forced out.

    > Flunked the IQ test?

    Second paragraph:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(military)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 12, 2009
  14. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >"That's one small step......."

    Mission control, ..... The Eagle has landed, has more meaning to me
    than any other statement made one the Moon.

    >As the world watched on tv, Neil Armstrong made a most dramatic entry
    >onto the lunar landscape.

    Not sure which moon walk I watched but it was at the bowling alley on
    a T.V. setup at the counter. On my bike ride home, I stopped and
    looked up at the Moon and knew that at that time two people were
    walking or living on the moon. An odd feeling for sure, added to this,
    it was a full moon, the man in the moon being fully visible.

    --
    DIY shotgun made in prison, using match-heads,
    AA batteries and broken light bulb
  15. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>"That's one small step......."

    > Mission control, ..... The Eagle has landed, has more meaning to me
    > than any other statement made one the Moon.
    >
    >>As the world watched on tv, Neil Armstrong made a most dramatic entry
    >>onto the lunar landscape.

    > Not sure which moon walk I watched but it was at the bowling alley on
    > a T.V. setup at the counter. On my bike ride home, I stopped and
    > looked up at the Moon and knew that at that time two people were
    > walking or living on the moon. An odd feeling for sure, added to this,
    > it was a full moon, the man in the moon being fully visible.

    The Armstrong walk was the only one where the camera was looking down from
    inside the lander.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 12, 2009
  16. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:27:20 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >>Flunked the IQ test?

    >Hardly.

    Well, what changed since then?

    >During the first week of boot camp you take dozens of tests.
    >The only one I did not pass was OCS. Look it up smart boy.

    Learn where a comma should go, idiot.

    >I was recruited into the program because of my test scores.

    I'm sure you were. What's the term for people like you.. Oh. Yeah.
    Cannon fodder.
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2009