    Amazon.jp.

    There are also worldwide DVD sites at
    http://www.worldwidedvdforums.com/links.php

    DVDfanatico, May 11, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    JMas493 Guest

    Are the DVDs then viewable on a standard U.S. television?

    JMas493, May 11, 2004

  3. DVDfanatico

    Justin Guest

    JMas493 wrote on [11 May 2004 14:21:29 GMT]:
    > Are the DVDs then viewable on a standard U.S. television?

    yes

    Justin, May 11, 2004
  4. >> Are the DVDs then viewable on a standard U.S. television?

    >yes

    With a caveat: when confronted with both PAL and anamorphic, the player only
    does the PAL-to-NTSC conversion... if you're using a 4:3 display, you'll get
    squished video.

    I've also noticed a few audio glitches with CyberHome; the first few seconds of
    playback tends to have little audio drop-outs, and it's something I've noticed
    on several players.

    Still, the PAL-NTSC conversion is a nice feature.

    Robert Morgan, May 11, 2004
  5. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    hmm. I watch foreign language films on a small TV and I haven't really noticed
    the anamorphic squeeze in PAL. I watched Der Bulle und Das Madchen (a Jurgen
    Prochnow film) on my little 9 inch TV and it seemed normal. The DVD is 16:9.

    Does anyone know if the other CyberHome players and their recorder DVR-1500 can
    play PAL discs on a 4:3 TV correctly?

    DVDfanatico, May 12, 2004
  6. DVDfanatico

    lrulan Guest

    "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    > hmm. I watch foreign language films on a small TV and I haven't really

    noticed
    > the anamorphic squeeze in PAL. I watched Der Bulle und Das Madchen (a

    Jurgen
    > Prochnow film) on my little 9 inch TV and it seemed normal. The DVD is

    16:9.

    > Does anyone know if the other CyberHome players and their recorder

    DVR-1500 can
    > play PAL discs on a 4:3 TV correctly?

    The Cyberhome dvd players will convert anamorphic PAL to NTSC with the
    correct aspect ratio, not squoosed or stretched. However, the Cyberhome 1500
    dvd recorder IS NOT multi-region and so far there has been no hack found to
    make this unit play other than Region 1 dvds.

    lrulan, May 12, 2004
  7. DVDfanatico

    Richard C. Guest

    "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    : I bought a CyberHome DVD player at Sam's Club and am very pleased with
    it. You
    : can set it to be region free by turning on the player with no disc in
    the tray
    : and pressing MENU, 19 on the remote. Then select REGION, press ENTER
    and then
    : 0. Put your disc in and enjoy. It stays region free after you turn
    it off.
    : You can verify this hack at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    :
    ==============
    I just bought one and set it up.

    It plays PAL R2 perfectly on my system.

    One problem:
    I cannot get the component outputs to work no matter what I do.
    I have tried interlaced and progressive. Neither outputs the component.
    I have to fall back to composite.

    Any ideas?
    Faulty unit?

    Richard
    =====================

    Richard C., May 14, 2004
  8. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    DVDfanatico, May 15, 2004
  9. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    >: You can verify this hack at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    >:
    >==============
    >I just bought one and set it up.
    >
    >It plays PAL R2 perfectly on my system.
    >
    >One problem:
    >I cannot get the component outputs to work no matter what I do.
    >I have tried interlaced and progressive. Neither outputs the component.
    >I have to fall back to composite.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >Faulty unit?
    >
    >Richard
    >=====================

    Press setup on the remote to bring up a menu and then use the right arrow key
    to get VIDEO, select video output and scan mode. If that doesn't work you may
    try returning your unit.

    DVDfanatico, May 15, 2004
  10. DVDfanatico

    Me Again Guest

    On 11 May 2004 08:47:51 GMT, (DVDfanatico) wrote:

    >I bought a CyberHome DVD player at Sam's Club and am very pleased with it. You
    >can set it to be region free by turning on the player with no disc in the tray
    >and pressing MENU, 19 on the remote. Then select REGION, press ENTER and then
    >0. Put your disc in and enjoy. It stays region free after you turn it off.
    >You can verify this hack at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

    After I read this I went out and bought one from Fry's (Best Buy was
    out of them). Took it home, did the trick and it stayed on Region 1
    even after I reset the unit. I've order a couple of DVDs from
    amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr to try it out, hopefully it'll work when
    they get here in a couple of weeks.

    If these work, I've about 20 more I'd like to buy. I'd hoped there
    was a decent version of Titanic in at least one of the Regions but no,
    they're all letterbox so no luck there.

    Thanks for the tip!

    Me Again, May 16, 2004
  11. DVDfanatico

    Richard C. Guest

    : >: You can verify this hack at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    : >:
    : >==============
    : >I just bought one and set it up.
    : >
    : >=====================
    : Press setup on the remote to bring up a menu and then use the right
    arrow key
    : to get VIDEO, select video output and scan mode. If that doesn't work
    you may
    : try returning your unit.
    :
    :

    ===============
    I indeed RTFM and did as you say in set-up.
    Could never get any form of video on component outputs either in
    interlaced or progressive.

    Guess I will return the unit and get another.

    Richard C., May 16, 2004
  12. DVDfanatico

    Richard C. Guest

    "Me Again" <> wrote in message
[...]

    =================
    You want it to stay on region ZERO. Not region one.
    =================
    :

    Richard C., May 16, 2004
  13. >The Cyberhome dvd players will convert anamorphic PAL to NTSC with the
    >correct aspect ratio, not squoosed or stretched.

    Not, at least, on the CH DVD-300. It does PAL and/or anamorphic conversion,
    but not both simultaneously. I e-mailed CH about it, and they basically just
    reiterated the fact that, indeed, the player couldn't do it. Could just be the
    individual player model; YMMV.

    Robert Morgan, May 16, 2004
  14. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    >Thanks for the tip!

    >>I bought a CyberHome DVD player at Sam's Club and am very pleased with it.

    >You
    >>can set it to be region free by turning on the player with no disc in the

    >tray
    >>and pressing MENU, 19 on the remote. Then select REGION, press ENTER and

    >then
    >>0. Put your disc in and enjoy. It stays region free after you turn it off.

    >>You can verify this hack at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

    >After I read this I went out and bought one from Fry's (Best Buy was
    >out of them). Took it home, did the trick and it stayed on Region 1
    >even after I reset the unit. I've order a couple of DVDs from
    >amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr to try it out, hopefully it'll work when
    >they get here in a couple of weeks.
    >
    >If these work, I've about 20 more I'd like to buy. I'd hoped there
    >was a decent version of Titanic in at least one of the Regions but no,
    >they're all letterbox so no luck there.
    >
    >Thanks for the tip!

    You'll need to set it to region 0 if you want to play DVD's from other regions.
    Follow the instructions I posted.

    DVDfanatico, May 17, 2004
  15. DVDfanatico

    Richard C. Guest

    "Richard C." <post-age @spamcop.net> wrote in message
    : "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : : I bought a CyberHome DVD player at Sam's Club and am very pleased
    with
    : it. You
    : : can set it to be region free by turning on the player with no disc
    in
    : the tray
    : : and pressing MENU, 19 on the remote. Then select REGION, press
    ENTER
    : and then
    : : 0. Put your disc in and enjoy. It stays region free after you turn
    : it off.
    : : You can verify this hack at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    : :
    : ==============
    : I just bought one and set it up.
    :
    : It plays PAL R2 perfectly on my system.
    :
    : One problem:
    : I cannot get the component outputs to work no matter what I do.
    : I have tried interlaced and progressive. Neither outputs the
    component.
    : I have to fall back to composite.
    :
    : Any ideas?
    : Faulty unit?
    :
    : Richard
    : =====================
    :
    Bought a second unit (they are a bargain).
    NEITHER one will operate on component output.
    Tried everything. Seems to be a fault with the bios.

    Works great on S-Video output and remains region free and converts PAL
    perfectly.

    Anyone out there get the component to work?

    Richard C., May 18, 2004