    lan cable.

    Since my Linksys router offers 4 ports, should I buy a hub to use all 6
    devices (4 wired and 2 wireless) ??? Thanks.
    FKS, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Hi
    Yeah you need to buy an additional Switch (Hubs are previous technology that
    was upgraded to Switches).
    You have to use one of the Router's ports to connect to one of he ports of
    the new switch.
    So ( as an example) 4 ports Router + 4 ports Switch = 6 available ports (2
    lost on interconnection).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 1, 2007

  3. FKS

    Lem Guest

    FKS wrote:
    > I have a Linksys 4 port wireless router. Currently, I have 2 PCs and 1
    > printer directly linked to the router via lan cables, and a notebook using a
    > wireless connection to the router.
    >
    > Now, I am getting another notebook and a color printer. The notebook will
    > use wireless connection and the printer will be linked to the router via a
    > lan cable.
    >
    > Since my Linksys router offers 4 ports, should I buy a hub to use all 6
    > devices (4 wired and 2 wireless) ??? Thanks.

    You only need the extra switch if you want more than 4 cable
    connections. Wireless connections are not counted as part of the "4
    port" capability of this device. You can have, IIRC, around 30 - 40
    wireless connections in addition to the 4 cabled connections (but you
    won't be happy if they're all active at the same time).

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Jun 1, 2007